Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Family / personal / health issues
 Happy New Year!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

EmEm
Warming Up

Ireland
87 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2012 :  2:18:08 PM  Show Profile Send EmEm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope everyone has a happy and healthy 2013! And gets to do all the fiber fun things they like! Happy New Year!

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4165 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2012 :  4:22:52 PM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you! I share your wishes!

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1684 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2013 :  09:59:36 AM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy New Year to one and all!
judy
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

766 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2013 :  04:25:51 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy Healthy to all.Donna
Go to Top of Page

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1792 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2013 :  9:52:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dang, I ended/started the year with a flu/bad cold/something.....thankfully feeling better....

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2013 :  11:44:54 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy New year to all. It is our wedding anniversary today (6th). 45 years. seems like it was only yesterday that we got married. We are so lucky as we are very happy and three lovely all grown up by now kids and three grandkids. Only one of our children has had kids. We have cats as well to make up for lack of grandchildren.
Ceil, don't worry about starting the New year with a cold. Look at it this way - things can get better.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

EmEm
Warming Up

Ireland
87 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2013 :  10:01:11 PM  Show Profile Send EmEm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy Anniversary Grand-Moogi. Hope you have a great day and a happy year.
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1256 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2013 :  12:07:34 PM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, 45 years is amazing Grand-Moogi. You must know somebody inside and out after that kind of time together.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

Rwats2
Chatty Knitter

USA
231 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2013 :  1:07:41 PM  Show Profile Send Rwats2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is amazing. Happy 45th
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2013 :  06:51:17 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep I guess we do know one another pretty well. It feels very comfy and homey. We can totally relax with one another which is great. My daughter once asked me how do you choose a husband and after some thought I told her she should marry someone who she believes to be a very good person. That means your value systems coincide and you can always have respect for one another. A person who is very good is also genuine. Useless information for her as she never married. Maybe it was too hard to find someone like that. I remember thinking before we were married that my husband's ideals were my ideal ideals. I really looked up to him for the things he believed in and the way he lived his life according to his beliefs. I knew I could trust him totally. And you know, being with someone like that never gets boring. On my 15th wedding anniversary, ie 30 years ago, I walked in to the office and said to my secretary, "It is my 15th wedding anniversary today" and she said "Oh how boring to be with the same person that long." I was a bit amused actually as anyone who knows my husband would never describe him as boring.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1256 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2013 :  10:32:59 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Grand-Moogi, to me, what you just wrote is an immensely romantic adn wise statement. I also wish it was something that young people today could hear more of.

Heck, I wish I'd heard it more, or seen i more, or understood it as a youngster. Might have saved me a lot of time.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

lucybug
Chatty Knitter

USA
100 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2013 :  09:40:37 AM  Show Profile Send lucybug a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Grand-Moogi -- I'm glad you were able to laugh at the secretarie's comment. I think it's pretty rude, but maybe it's also ignorant. My husband and I are celebrating our 15th next month and I consider myself lucky to have found a partner in life. I was in my 40's when I got married and though there are advantages to being single, I much prefer being married. Sometimes it feels like there are more downs than ups but overall we're great friends, have fun together, and are there for each other when it counts. Congratulations to you on your anniversary - it sounds like you have a wonderful marriage.

Pam in the Colorado mountains
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.61 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?