Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Stuck on a Pattern
 Friday Harbor Vest Problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pfro
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2012 :  8:30:39 PM  Show Profile Send pfro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a vest pattern produced by Honey Lane Farms called " Friday Harbor Vest". There is a problem with the pattern from the very beginning, when you cast on, the stitches don't match the pattern. I have tried several times to contact Honey Lane Farms to see if they have made corrections. I have not heard back from them. This is very frustrating. I have checked for errata online and have had no luck.I don't know what to do.I have had a very experienced knitter look at the pattern and she couldn't figure it out either. Any suggestions?

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2046 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2012 :  12:17:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did you buy just the pattern or the kit? Their site lists a phone number that is area code 360, that is there in Washington. I'd get on the phone and call. With the Christmas and New Year festivities it may be that she has just been to busy to get back to you.

How much detail came with the pattern? A vest shouldn't be that hard to re-construct, if you have a basic repeat for each stitch pattern used. Does it have a schematic/drawing showing each pattern and the finished measurements for each size?

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

Go to Top of Page

LJ
Permanent Resident

USA
1939 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2012 :  1:43:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit LJ's Homepage Send LJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Several Ravelry knitters have finished the vest. You may want to contact them to see if they ran into any problems.

Linda in Va

My Blog: http://wallisknits.blogspot.com
My Patterns:
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2012 :  12:07:39 PM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I've done the ravelry thing, and found help from people with finished objects, as LJ suggested. I second that.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.