Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Poll Feedback
 Explain your answers!
 Sheepy Smell
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

755 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2012 :  08:42:21 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had to give yarn away because of the sheepy smell. I washed it and it didnt help. I put it in the basement and that didn't help. The person I gave it to said it didnt have a smell at all. Donna

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2012 :  09:50:46 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a scent exhibit here at the Exploratorium, a hands-on science museum, designed to demonstrate how people have totally different senses of smell. Things I think smell great my boyfriend thinks smell like an old dog. Things my boyfriends thinks smell great I can't even smell. We've also noticed it when we go to the Arboretum. We like to smell things and compare our experiences. Many plants have an odor that only one of us can smell.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

755 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2012 :  10:22:17 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Robinsteph, I can walk in a room and tell you where some people have been sitting by the smell. When my son was a teen he would tell his friends to watch out when I was around. I will tell a co-worker when she changes he shampoo.I some times think I could give a beagle a run for the money. Donna
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2012 :  12:13:36 PM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Donna, you must be related to my sister. When she and I lived together shortly after college, I would make a tunafish sandwich for lunch, eat it, clean up, wash the dishes, wipe the counter, wash off the sponge even, and she'd come home from work five hours later and say, "You had tunafish for lunch!" and glare at me. She just hated the smell. Since then, I have always said she had a bionic nose.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.72 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.