Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Family / personal / health issues
 Small Business Saturday
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2012 :  1:35:12 PM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On our local tv stations they are advertising "Small Business Saturday" on Nov. 24. I'm not sure if this is a Maine, or national promotion for small businesses. I plan, again this year, to celebrate local small businesses and thank these folks for their hard work. In my case, I will visit Rosemary's Gift and Yarn Shop, in Windham, Maine.
judy

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1257 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2012 :  07:18:57 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love this idea, Judy. I just googled it, and looks like it was started by Amex and has really caught on. I just skimmed the google search return list, but looks like lots cities and counties are picking it up and promoting it. Very cool!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2012 :  11:30:35 AM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I meant to add to my posting above, that this is a good chance to celebrate the LYS! So many around the country have been going out of business.
judy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?