Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Current Projects?
 GOOD new, bad news
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2012 :  09:13:36 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In Sept I was diagnoisesd with primary peritoneal cancer! Well bad news is
I LOST MY KNITTING MOJO, but as of Wed I got it back! I am so happy,happy happy. I am knitting a lovely little hat even though
I have a great hat collection already. I just wanted something
small and this is working. So now I sit and listen to audio books and knit. It is sooooo great. When I finish the hat maybe
I will be in the mood to pick up the baby blanket I am working on.
Oh, I am doing fine on my weekly chemo.
I just had to share getting my knitting mojo back

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

LJ
Permanent Resident

USA
1940 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2012 :  09:47:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit LJ's Homepage Send LJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It was there all along, just taking a back seat for more important thoughts. So now there is a game plan and room for extra thoughts so the knitting mojo stepped up!

I hope all goes well for you.

Linda in Va

My Blog: http://wallisknits.blogspot.com
My Patterns:
Go to Top of Page

yarnlover
Permanent Resident

1753 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2012 :  2:43:06 PM  Show Profile Send yarnlover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Knitting can sometimes seem like a form of meditation, which I understand does boost the immune system. So this is good on a lot of levels. My thoughts will be with you, and enjoy the renewed joy in your knitting.

See My Stuff: Here

Go to Top of Page

Luann
Permanent Resident

USA
2678 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2012 :  3:20:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luann's Homepage Send Luann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Zola, we -and knitting - have missed you and are so glad to have you back!

Luann

Knit and let knit!
http://www.luannocracy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2012 :  12:47:20 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Ditzy Girl Sorry to hear about the cancer but glad you are progressing Ok. As you are knitting away just tell yourself that this yarn that you have in your fingers links you to all your friends on the forum from all over the world who are thinking, praying, plugging for you 24 hours as day.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2012 :  08:46:25 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thak you all for your responses. Grand-Moogi that is a
great idea and I will do it. Should finish my hat today and then back to the baby blanket.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2012 :  8:04:01 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I finished my hat today and I have worn it most of the day. Now
I want to buy some nice red Xmas yarn with sparkles in it to make a Xmas hat for me.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2012 :  09:53:50 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I finally found the yarn on line at Mary Maxims. The shipping cost me more than the yarn, but that is o.k.
A pretty Xmas red with sparkles. Just what I wanted,plus I started a pretty pink one to have something to work on while I wait for the red.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1261 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2012 :  12:03:00 PM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like an excellent plan, Zola. Little treats for yourself are important right now.

I have wondered where you were; so glad you found your mojo and are back.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

flicka
Seriously Hooked

882 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2012 :  7:53:34 PM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry about your health problem, and glad you are feeling better and are back to knitting. Are you able to get out and about? We've had a few sunbreaks lately! Even if you enjoy the sun through the window, it is so good to see it in November.

flicka
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2012 :  08:04:48 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Flicka, yes I try to get out almost every day except for
fatgue I am in good shape.
Finished my pink hat now I will work on a baby blanket till my red sparkle arrives.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

chris
Permanent Resident

USA
2463 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2012 :  10:19:31 AM  Show Profile Send chris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Zola, my prayer for you is complete and quick elimination of cancer from you and your life. Your yarn connects my prayers to you, as Grand-Moogi suggested. {{{HUGS}}}
Go to Top of Page

Shelia
Permanent Resident

USA
2367 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2012 :  10:45:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shelia's Homepage Send Shelia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Zola, I just registered for Madrona and remembered meeting you there in the past. I hope you'll be up to coming this February - I'd love to see you again! Take care of yourself-

Shelia
www.breezyridgestudio.com
ravelry name - sheliaknits
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2012 :  1:27:54 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shelia, I don't think I will be making it this yr, but
hope you have a wonderful time. Are you the lady that
move to N or S Caroline when you retired?

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2012 :  05:08:22 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Zola, I am also putting you in my prayer bowl. It is an idea that came to me a couple of months ago. I have a big glass bowl on the coffee table in the family room. It is like a pumpkin shape with a small hole in the top. It is purple glass with white pebbles in it. I make a sort of stylised paper flowers and stick them in it. Each flower has a name on it of someone we are praying for at present. The thing is, when a friend or relative needs prayers you do remember to pray for them because it is natural to think of them occasionally. So the prayers are just little short prayers here and there during the day. But they are internal things. The prayer bows makes them concrete and external. They are a visual and tangible reminder. I will get a pic of my prayer bowl and put it on flickr. You could use any sort of bowl or vase.

Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2012 :  7:58:16 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My yarn came today. So I will cast on and start knitting.
It is really pretty, feels good and I am very excited to start. I will listen to my audio book The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs, what could be more appropriate? Well I am off to knit.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2012 :  08:29:43 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The yarn is really nice to knit with and the hat will be very
festive. I have never knit with this yarn before.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2012 :  03:47:21 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad the yarn is nice to knit with. I have written your name on a mauve flower in my prayer bowl.

Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2012 :  07:52:32 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Grand-moogi all prayers are welcome. In fact
I think because I have them is why I am doing so well. That and a wonderful support group.
My hat is coming along.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2012 :  8:59:13 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I finished my red sparkle. I will start wearing on Dec.
1. Pic on my Ravelry Pg.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

Shelia
Permanent Resident

USA
2367 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2012 :  10:57:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shelia's Homepage Send Shelia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nope, I'm the one who lived in NY for most of my working career and moved back to OR when we retired.

Best wishes for your continued recovery, hope to see you at one of the regional events before too long!

Shelia
www.breezyridgestudio.com
ravelry name - sheliaknits
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.58 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth