Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Family / personal / health issues
 Red pens
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1731 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2012 :  9:13:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How come this is the only color that leaks? (She asks, gazing upon the red ink all over her right middle finger.)

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2012 :  01:26:55 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't you know? red is HOT

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

760 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2012 :  05:28:47 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Grandmoogi, That's funny , I have to use that at work. Donna
Go to Top of Page

hillstreetmama
Permanent Resident

USA
3448 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2012 :  3:50:22 PM  Show Profile Send hillstreetmama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My experience is that only black leaks....it dates back to 5th grade and a red jumper...I only use blue now.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

lucybug
Warming Up

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2012 :  08:00:56 AM  Show Profile Send lucybug a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I sat on a red ink pad when I was wearing white jeans once. At work no less.
Go to Top of Page

hillstreetmama
Permanent Resident

USA
3448 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2012 :  04:14:13 AM  Show Profile Send hillstreetmama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, so how did you sit on an ink pad? Did someone leave it on your chair??

Jan
Go to Top of Page

lucybug
Warming Up

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2012 :  07:57:56 AM  Show Profile Send lucybug a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The ink pad was on the edge of a desk and I was leaning/sitting on the desk talking to someone. I'm quite good at doing things like that.
Go to Top of Page

knittingrunner
Seriously Hooked

USA
799 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  7:37:43 PM  Show Profile Send knittingrunner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe the consistency to the red ink is different from that of other colors? It always seems goopier and more prone to blobs on the ballpoint tip in comparison.

If dye colors impact fiber differently, why wouldn't it be similar with ink?
(From a leftie who had a perpetually inky left pinky through all of school.)

Bike, Knit, Bike!
knittingbiker on Ravelry
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2012 :  05:41:39 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I find older pens leak more. So maybe if you do not use the red so often, they last longer and then get older and leak. Lots of things leak when they get older.
But Lucybug`. Fancy leaning on a red ink pad. Did everyone think you had your monthlys?

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

lucybug
Warming Up

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2012 :  11:40:06 AM  Show Profile Send lucybug a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Grandmoogie - I'm sure they did think that but were too kind to say anything.

There is something about dyes and the color red. I don't dye so don't know the chemistry. When I used to take ballet I always had to wash my maroon-ish leotard separately because it ran -- even after washing it several times. So it's really special that it always seems to be the red pens that leak.
Go to Top of Page

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1731 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2012 :  10:55:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OLD pens? Dang.......

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe