Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 General News and Announcements
 Autumnal donation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1236 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2012 :  11:03:54 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
San Francisco is in the middle of a gorgeous Indian summer, but the sun has changed position in the sky, the light has changed, and there's a cold snap in the air that wasn't there a month ago.

The changing of the light always puts me in a reflective mood; my Dad died at the end of September, years ago, and I had a probably life-saving abdominal surgery two years ago tomorrow. It was during my recovery from that surgery that a friend taught me to knit, and I eventually found my way here, my boyfriend being an old friend and colleague of Clara's.

In a small gesture of gratitude for my many, many blessings, I made a small donation to Betty today. I thought I'd post about it, so anyone else so inclined can join me.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover

rosir
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
441 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2012 :  4:54:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit rosir's Homepage Send rosir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a wonderful story robinsteph. I will join you and celebrate your rebirth into the fiber community.

Rosi
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1236 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2012 :  08:21:45 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for joining me, Rosi. Sometimes I feel like I have so many blessings, so little time!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.32 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.