Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Talk about yarns reviewed in Knitter's Review
 Rowan Denim
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Clara
queen bee

USA
4398 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2012 :  5:37:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
At long last, Rowan Denim is getting its due. And who better to do it than a longtime Rowan Denimite and our Seed and Bast Fiber Field Expert Kay Gardiner. She even manages to slip in trussed chickens and white muumuus. You've gotta read it.

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher

Sharon

Posted - 08/09/2012 :  04:27:34 AM  Show Profile Send Sharon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know which pattern books from Rowan (besides the older ones) have patterns using Rowan Denim? I found Studio 20--any others?
Sharon
Go to Top of Page

chingachgook
New Pal

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2012 :  08:14:53 AM  Show Profile Send chingachgook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh thank you, Kay. I've never played with R-Denim because of the harsh hand in the ball. Knowing it will soften up, I'll go for those kid clothes!
Go to Top of Page

hkpdx
New Pal

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2012 :  09:14:00 AM  Show Profile Send hkpdx a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I made a baby blanket out of Rowan denim a couple of years ago, modifying a blanket pattern based on Courthouse Steps out of Kay's book! Wears just like Levi's. I washed it a couple of times before I gave it to the new baby. It didn't shrink as much as I thought it might. And the new baby's parents love it.
I'd use it again -- blue fingers and all
Go to Top of Page

Sharon

Posted - 08/09/2012 :  09:34:27 AM  Show Profile Send Sharon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I made a skirt out of Rowan Denim a few years ago--forgot the name of it but it was the one in Interweave Knits. Loved the way it turned out.
Sharon
Go to Top of Page

emmyc
Chatty Knitter

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2012 :  03:22:34 AM  Show Profile Send emmyc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sharon,

There is an older Debbie Bliss Cotton Denim pattern book that I was considering bringing to the stash lounge(if I get lucky enough to go back), but I think I'll dust it off now. There are some lovely patterns that should work with the Rowan Denim.

emmyc
winchester ma
Go to Top of Page

Sharon

Posted - 08/10/2012 :  05:39:00 AM  Show Profile Send Sharon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember that Debbie Bliss book but do not own it....another reason why one should never part with old knitting books :-)
Sharon
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2012 :  4:39:58 PM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice sales job, Kay! I was intrigued, so I looked up denim patterns on ravelry. I like Haven, love Raspy, and for some reason I can really see my boyfriend in Martin Storyís Denver. Heís got a kind of sexy Mr. Rogers thing going on. If that isnít, you know, totally weird.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

marjotse
Permanent Resident

Sweden
1018 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2012 :  01:48:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit marjotse's Homepage Send marjotse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just to answer the question on patterns, Kim Hargreaves has some denim projects in her pattern books, Louise Harding used denim exclusively in Miss Bea's Seaside (http://www.englishyarns.co.uk/rowan_beaSeaside.html), a booklet full of lovely denim designs for children...

I really ought to cast on some denim again, it is such lovely yarn :-)

Marjolein

http://kantajour.blogspot.com
my photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/98299499@N00/
On Ravelry: Marjotse
Go to Top of Page

Sloknitr
New Pal

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2012 :  12:55:35 PM  Show Profile Send Sloknitr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have never used this yarn, but Kay's review makes me want to run right out and get a sweaters worth! (Blue fingers notwithstanding!)
Go to Top of Page

dpmarshall
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2012 :  3:08:17 PM  Show Profile Send dpmarshall a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just an FYI - Indigo Knits was available at my local (Dallas) library. I' m picking it up tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe