Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Machine Talk
 Bulky or Chunky Machines
 How do I correct my knitting without having the
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lavatera
New Pal

Canada
38 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  10:48:10 PM  Show Profile Send lavatera a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do I correct my knitting after I have to take out a few rows for whatever reason without the row I made the mistake knitting differently, and therefore standing out.

I have been told I need to let the machine memorize the tuck card I am using all over again, but am wondering how to do this. When I try to do it, the knitting is a bit bigger, therefore standing out. The woman who sold me the machine, (they sell a lot where whe works) told me that I did not have to move the punch card back a few rows after making a mistake, and yes I have gone for two lessons with her, but her idea of a nice blanket is one that has a lot of mistakes in it, that she over looks, or is in denial of, so of course I would not give the blanket I made with her to anyone. I have a Singer 155 Chunky knitting machine.

If anyone knows what to do, please let me know. Thanks so much,

lavatera

lavatera

Bernie
Chatty Knitter

Canada
115 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  02:43:40 AM  Show Profile Send Bernie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First of all, after you rip out the rows, lets say 2 rows, you move the row counter back 2 rows along with the pattern card. move the lock button on the punchcard to lock it that it doesn't move while it gets memorized again. on the top of the carriage is the release button, release the carriage so the top pops up, now run the carriage across the bed, if you were on the right hand side, go to the left side and back again, release the card so it will now advance, engage the carriage again, and continue knitting,
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe