Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Sweater Talk
 Yay, peplums are back!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

flicka
Seriously Hooked

882 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2012 :  11:19:03 AM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After a long stretch with cardigan patterns that say "allow me to introduce you to my stomach", finally peplums are back! I can hardly wait to start one, although my first will be from an older Solveig Hisdal pattern:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cardigan-with-gussets-page-128

just because I have loved it for a long time.

flicka

Milinda
Permanent Resident

USA
3817 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2012 :  3:01:21 PM  Show Profile Send Milinda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have missed peplums, too, Flicka. And I have always liked that sweater pattern. What color do you have planned and what yarn will you use?

M L
Go to Top of Page

flicka
Seriously Hooked

882 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2012 :  3:18:43 PM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will use Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Solids, burgundy color. I can't find it on the Cherry Tree Hill website, which makes me nervous. (I'm sure I have plenty for this project, but it is really nice yarn.)

flicka

Go to Top of Page

ClimberKnits
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
559 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2012 :  12:24:36 PM  Show Profile Send ClimberKnits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Love 'em, too! Had one on my beautiful taffeta engagement dress over 27 years ago. Glad to see they're back.
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1810 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2012 :  7:42:42 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is lovely! I too have a peplum-friendly-body. and have always loved this one. In fact, I love the whole book!

Keep us posted, and have fun!

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

flicka
Seriously Hooked

882 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2012 :  10:55:13 AM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Peplum-friendly-body" -- I love it! Thanks, Anna!

Okay, I will try to keep you posted, and I definitely will have fun.

flicka
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2012 :  4:26:43 PM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Hmmm Peplums. What are they? must look up that link. Hmmm sort of skirt things on a cardigan I guess. Must check the dictionary. Yes, little skirt bits"
Those were my thoughts as I read this thread.
Thanks for this info. They are a great idea. Can I go back to bed now as I have learnt my something new for today?
I will now go and casually mention to my daughter, Relliurad, that Flicka on the KR forums says that peplums are back and I reckon they would suit both of us very well. I will tell her that next time I knit myself a cardigan I intend to have a peplum.
Hee hee hee I wonder if she knows what a peplum is. I WOULD LOVE IT IF I COULD KNOW SOMETHING SHE DOESN'T ABOUT KNITTING.
Anyway here I go. Thanks again for a great idea.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

ikkivan
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
549 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2012 :  06:59:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit ikkivan's Homepage Send ikkivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ooh, what a LOVELY design ... can't wait to see your finished item! I personally love peplums and have had two-piece "dresses" with them. I've always thought they look so, well, feminine.

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)
Go to Top of Page

Gibson Girl
Chatty Knitter

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2012 :  04:57:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Gibson Girl's Homepage Send Gibson Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Love peplums. They flatter most figures. I just finished a great top with a peplum. It's Halcyon from the Rowan 47 book. It was sooo much fun to knit - a lacey pattern. I wanted to just keep knitting! And it fits great!! Always a plus.
Go to Top of Page

marjotse
Permanent Resident

Sweden
1018 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2012 :  1:07:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit marjotse's Homepage Send marjotse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kim Hargreaves has loads of patterns with peplums....very up-to-date and modern looking peplums :-) That's one of the reasons she is my favourite designer...

Marjolein

http://kantajour.blogspot.com
my photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/98299499@N00/
On Ravelry: Marjotse
Go to Top of Page

flicka
Seriously Hooked

882 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2012 :  4:32:09 PM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another nice pattern:

http://www.elann.com/Commerce.web/product_freepatterns.aspx?featuredID=127846

You have to register to get the pattern, but this was worth it to me! For some reason this is not in the Ravelry database.

flicka
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1810 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2012 :  9:58:14 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is sweet, too, and might suit me better than Solveig Hisdal's. Thank you, Flicka!

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

phlame
Permanent Resident

USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2012 :  10:28:35 AM  Show Profile Send phlame a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OMG..the last thing I need is a peplum, as cute as they are!

Shirley, Dana Point, CA

...I'm fairly certain that, given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

Go to Top of Page

Margie
Permanent Resident

USA
1032 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  4:22:54 PM  Show Profile Send Margie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shame on me -- a word I didn't know. Now I do. Plus all the pattern links. Thanks to one and all.

Margie and Mimi (my hearing dog who doesn't knit -- yet)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe