Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Book recommendations and questions
 Folk Socks??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

ikkivan
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2012 :  10:20:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit ikkivan's Homepage Send ikkivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have the earlier publication of Folk Socks by Nancy Bush, but have been reading about the new, updated version. If I already have the first book, is there enough new material to warrant my buying the latest one? I love knitting socks and do have most of Nancy's books.

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)

Margie
Permanent Resident

USA
1032 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2012 :  5:46:32 PM  Show Profile Send Margie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, didn't know thee was a newer version. I like her book but not the way she teaches. Took one (operative word) class from her. Once. We could have done it all for homework but no, wasted time in class knitting and listening to her gab about her latest trip.

As I say, I like the book a lot, refer to it often but ... Just my opinion. Feel free to differ.

Margie and Mimi (my hearing dog who doesn't knit -- yet)

Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1809 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2013 :  10:51:45 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Donna, I am looking at all of the new, updated versions of many of my beloved books which I bought when they first came out, and have had the same inner debate that you have, and wonder whether to buy the new one.

Well economically, my decision is made for me, because we are down to Seniors on limited income time, but still it is a really good question. I also have thought about why I should get another one, and I really think that I won't.....There is so much published, and yet publishers want to publish more and more and not all of it is worthy stuff.

If a successful knitting author has written a book on a subject, what is a new, "updated" version worth, with, say, a few new patterns, maybe new questions answered, etc.

To be honest, its the Library for me.

Best wishes,

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth