Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Desert Island Stash
 Touching base about the eternal question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

peggymchoe
Warming Up

63 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  08:55:49 AM  Show Profile Send peggymchoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elsawool woolen-spun cormo.
Go to Top of Page

karenb92
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  09:21:29 AM  Show Profile Send karenb92 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Soft to wear and wonderful to knit with Malabrigo Worsted Merino I know it pills but it is my comfort yarn like comfort food.

Ravery name is: karenanddolly
Go to Top of Page

GayRobinson
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  09:55:50 AM  Show Profile Send GayRobinson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My most favorite yarn is Elsa's Wool from Bayfield, CO. Her cormo wool is just so wonderful to knit with. It just jumps off the needles to the article being knit.
Go to Top of Page

purlewe
Permanent Resident

1919 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  10:28:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit purlewe's Homepage Send purlewe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sunna and Caper Sock for fingering.

Cascade 220 for worsted.

Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming. ~Myrna Loy
http://purlewe.typepad.com/
Go to Top of Page

julielacykntr
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  10:32:22 AM  Show Profile Send julielacykntr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I mostly knit lace and my favorite yarn (s) always seem to be the high end lace weight yarns like Artyarns. I am alergic to wool so I'm always looking for sales on silks, cashmere, baby merino & alpaca, and certain blends. HINT: If a mohair/silk blend bothers my hands I wear cheap nylon gloves that I've cut out the fingers and thumbs. This also works great in the summertime if hands sweat while working with yarn.
Go to Top of Page

roselady35
New Pal

23 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  10:39:19 AM  Show Profile Send roselady35 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Koigu stole my heart and still has it! It is springy and wonderful to knit with; easy on the hands regardless of gauge. Makes great shawls, sweaters, and socks. Plus, it is superwash.
Carol
Go to Top of Page

mjhknits
New Pal

6 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  10:44:34 AM  Show Profile Send mjhknits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sundara fingering silky merino for exciting, rich colors and wonderful feel.
Go to Top of Page

hkpdx
New Pal

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  10:53:11 AM  Show Profile Send hkpdx a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not fair! You just reviewed Imperial Columbia 2-ply which I love. But when I want more color -- Manos or Malabrigo are my favs.
Go to Top of Page

joanvk@cox.net
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  11:30:00 AM  Show Profile Send joanvk@cox.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anything Brown Sheep, but especially Lambs Pride Superwash and Lanaloft.
Go to Top of Page

Gibson Girl
Chatty Knitter

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  11:41:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Gibson Girl's Homepage Send Gibson Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Blue Skye Alpaca Royal! Would that I had an unending supply.
Go to Top of Page

Schaeferyarnlover
Gabber Extraordinaire

513 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  11:42:04 AM  Show Profile Send Schaeferyarnlover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Madeline Tosh Vintage in Baltic
http://www.yarn.com/webs-knitting-crochet-yarns-madelinetosh/webs-knitting-crochet-yarns-madelinetosh-tosh-vintage/

Debra
Go to Top of Page

Beth2
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  1:01:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Beth2's Homepage Send Beth2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm in love with so many yarns! Have to say that my fav is Bugga!; the colors, the feel, the stitch definition all fabulous. Second runner up is Swan's Island. I better stop there :)

Beth2 on Rav
Go to Top of Page

Irish Red
Warming Up

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  1:01:17 PM  Show Profile Send Irish Red a Private Message  Reply with Quote
La Lana Forever Random handspun. I have ordered hundreds of dollars of it, now that the store is closing, but I wish I could afford much more. Knowing it won't be available any more makes me so sad, but I will treasure the things I make from it all the more.

The Industrious Bee
Go to Top of Page

ricoknits
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  1:56:55 PM  Show Profile Send ricoknits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love Berroco's Ultra Alpaca. Why? Because it knits up beautifully, drapes well and is a bargain for what you get.
Go to Top of Page

ricoknits
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  1:59:29 PM  Show Profile Send ricoknits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, now that I am on a roll, Sanguine Gryphon's Codex is wonderful but alas not currently available. Hopefully again in the future.
Go to Top of Page

Dampal2000
New Pal

8 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  2:21:09 PM  Show Profile Send Dampal2000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HandMaiden Casbah. Hand's down.
Go to Top of Page

Dampal2000
New Pal

8 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  2:28:07 PM  Show Profile Send Dampal2000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HandMaiden Casbah. Hand's down.
Go to Top of Page

ukjent
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  3:50:21 PM  Show Profile Send ukjent a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favorite yarn of all time is Bartlettyarn from Harmony, Maine. I previously raised sheep and sent the fleeces there for processing. My family has many garments and dozens of mittens that I have made for them over the last 35 years, and most items are still in good shape. It is a delightful yarn to work with, comes in several colors, wears and washes well with a minimum of pilling. I do use other yarns, almost all wool, but often go back to Bartlettyarns.

Ukjent
Go to Top of Page

bigskybw@montanasky.net
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  3:52:01 PM  Show Profile Send bigskybw@montanasky.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favorite is the mink/cashmere yarn from Great Northern Yarns. It is the softest yarn ever made, hands down. The bloom on it is amazing and it truly makes heavenly garments that will last forever.
Go to Top of Page

KnittingKittens
Chatty Knitter

USA
173 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  4:37:20 PM  Show Profile Send KnittingKittens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lopi! Always and forever Lopi. When I get the idea that I should run away to a warm island-I stop myself quickly by wondering how would I wear Lopi? It might be my favorite because it is an honest wool. Or perhaps because I knit my first Lopi sweater in 2 weeks and 6 days-yeah that might be it. And I love the scratchy quality!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.66 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?