Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Desert Island Stash
 Touching base about the eternal question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Clara
queen bee

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  2:02:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is a hard one, but I'm interested in your answers. It's the eternal question: What is your favorite yarn, and why?

Every few years I like to come back to this. Believe it or not, the evolution of your answers offers an uncanny snapshot of where the yarn world is - and I'd really love to know.

If you're like me, you may not have an absolute capital-f "favorite." That's ok. Don't think too hard, just share the first yarn that pops into your mind after reading the question.

Thanks!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher

Shelia
Permanent Resident

USA
2367 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  2:54:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shelia's Homepage Send Shelia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Whatever handspun I've finished and have cast on with.

Shelia
www.breezyridgestudio.com
ravelry name - sheliaknits
Go to Top of Page

LJ
Permanent Resident

USA
1940 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  3:27:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit LJ's Homepage Send LJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cascade 220. Has been for many years.

Linda in Va

My Blog: http://wallisknits.blogspot.com
My Patterns:
Go to Top of Page

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

699 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  3:28:36 PM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Knitting Socks right now with String Theory Caper Sock Hand Dyed Yarn, and really liking how it feels and looks in the one finished sock.

Kristina
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  5:05:40 PM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Plymouth Encore....so versatile, easy to care for , and all those luscious colors!!!!!!
judy
Go to Top of Page

noallatin
Chatty Knitter

287 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  5:06:36 PM  Show Profile Send noallatin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd have to say Cascade Eco+ . I've made one sweater from it and have enough for a second one.
Go to Top of Page

technikat
Gabber Extraordinaire

596 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  5:28:11 PM  Show Profile Send technikat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cascade 220 - it's just so useful and available. I love Malabrigo, but as such a soft single it has limited use for me.

My FOs
http://www.flickr.com/photos/technikat/
Go to Top of Page

Luann
Permanent Resident

USA
2678 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  5:55:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luann's Homepage Send Luann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First thing to come to mind is Spirit Trail Sunna.

Knit and let knit!
http://www.luannocracy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ClimberKnits
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
559 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  6:05:59 PM  Show Profile Send ClimberKnits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cascade 220. Also 220 Superwash. Sort of the same, but not really.
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4399 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  6:17:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I second Sunna (add Birte, too ) but the yarn I'm enjoying right now is Brooklyn Tweed LOFT. It's such a pleasure to knit with woolen-spun yarn for a change. I also love the colors that are available. I might knit with this one yarn for most of the year, at the rate I'm going!

Jane

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: Flickr Album
Go to Top of Page

Patshere
Chatty Knitter

176 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  6:28:04 PM  Show Profile Send Patshere a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Blue Faced Leicester
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4170 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  7:28:34 PM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rowan Calmer, r.i.p.

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2051 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  9:34:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Desert island? Not me. Strand me in Alaska with bags and bags of Jamison & Smith sport weight where I could wear what I make.

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1812 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  10:41:32 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
J&S 2 ply Jumper Yarn.

Fell in love at first sight, and feel, and still love it!

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

PamelaB
Warming Up

82 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  04:21:32 AM  Show Profile Send PamelaB a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm on board with Jane, who has posted above - I'm currently in love with Brooklyn Tweed's Loft. Even the color names are charming.

Pamela
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  05:11:23 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Being on the other side of the world my favourite is one I never see mentioned here except in my own posts. It is Patons Zhivago with Patons Inca coming a close second.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

Judyindiana
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  06:26:08 AM  Show Profile Send Judyindiana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tanis Fiber Arts Purple Label for heavenly socks and scarves and her Yellow Label for sweaters that knit up quickly and are beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

birdgirl
New Pal

7 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  07:02:32 AM  Show Profile Send birdgirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cascade eco duo! I fell hard for this mostly alpaca and wool blend. I love it because of the coloring, all natural. The softness, buttery and comforting. I also love the single strand. And last but not least for me is the smell, heavenly:-)
Go to Top of Page

ellenki
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  07:10:47 AM  Show Profile Send ellenki a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Madelyn Tosh ANYTHING - I love all her yarn
Go to Top of Page

emmyc
Chatty Knitter

USA
215 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  08:08:29 AM  Show Profile Send emmyc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cascade eco 100% baby alpaca, at least till I finish my current project. softest yarn I've every handled. But Spirit trail Sunna and Nona are right up there!

emmyc
winchester ma
Go to Top of Page

DonnaR
New Pal

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  08:18:35 AM  Show Profile Send DonnaR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Plymouth Jeannee worsted and DK. I live in CA so it is perfect for year round wear.

On Ravelry: daffydowndilly
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.69 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.