Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Hooray, it's finished!
 My first gloves!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Solaris
Permanent Resident

Canada
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2012 :  7:45:22 PM  Show Profile Send Solaris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Long time no see - I've been busy with various things and life has been throwing various challenges at me. But... I'm never too busy to stop knitting completely. Today, I present my very first knitted gloves. They were fun to make and are even more fun to wear.

http://solaris-eaglefeathers.blogspot.com/2012/02/my-very-first-glovesmoje-pierwsze.html

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1684 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2012 :  5:51:24 PM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very impressive!! They look great! Hope all is well, been missing your posts.
judy
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  04:21:36 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They look great. But they seem to be a challenging pattern for your first pair of gloves! I started to knit a pair of gloves once but only managed to knit one!
My daughter knits lots of them.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

765 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  04:51:19 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Solaris, I glad to see you back I missed your patterns, so many of the gifts I give are from what you post. I haven't tried gloves I have made mitts. Donna
Go to Top of Page

busygirl
Permanent Resident

New Zealand
1673 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  5:03:15 PM  Show Profile Send busygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Your gloves look amazing - I'm very impressed!

Leslie

My Pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/busygirl/
My Blog
http://lesliea-cosycorner.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Milinda
Permanent Resident

USA
3817 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  7:57:51 PM  Show Profile Send Milinda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As always, you do such wonderful work. I am very into gloves this year. I think they may have replaced socks for my cleansing of knitting palate in between epic my lace projects. Good to have you back!

M L
Go to Top of Page

Schaeferyarnlover
Gabber Extraordinaire

513 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  1:52:24 PM  Show Profile Send Schaeferyarnlover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Impressive gloves! I love making them, once you get to the fingers, they are almost done. I am tempted to make a pair now instead of finishing my WIP's

Debra
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  1:52:32 PM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As usual, excellent execution, adorable pattern.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

699 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  3:33:20 PM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice looking gloves! I have only attempted gloves once, and finished only one. The fingers got to me on the second.

Kristina
Go to Top of Page

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2046 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  9:38:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The closest I've come to gloves is Pop Up Paws with partial finger slots. Your work is beautiful!

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

Go to Top of Page

Solaris
Permanent Resident

Canada
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2012 :  11:33:22 AM  Show Profile Send Solaris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the kind words I was quite apprehensive about making these in the beginning, because I didn't know what I was up against, but gloves aren't really that hard. But the fingers really required a bit of patience.

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2012 :  4:39:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WOW! I faved that on Ravelry. Congratulations!

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1802 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2012 :  8:47:17 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They are wonderful!

Do you ever get mixed up about which hand is which, 'cause they are different colors? :-)

Best wishes,

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

sandyt
Permanent Resident

USA
3101 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2012 :  08:36:52 AM  Show Profile Send sandyt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They are fantastic!!! Congratulations!

(I love to knit gloves! Endless possibilities!)
Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
909 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2012 :  3:14:08 PM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Absolutely beautiful! You go, girl!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Go to Top of Page

Solaris
Permanent Resident

Canada
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2012 :  07:08:59 AM  Show Profile Send Solaris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eldergirl

Do you ever get mixed up about which hand is which, 'cause they are different colors? :-)

No... Thankfully, even though there is a right and left one, they still look OK on when I switch the hands.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.7 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe