Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Book recommendations and questions
 Principles of Knitting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sara Sue
Permanent Resident

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2012 :  2:30:21 PM  Show Profile Send Sara Sue a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Amazon has shipped my pre-order of Principles of Knitting today!!!!! At last!

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2012 :  3:21:26 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They have shipped my friends, but not mine yet. What letter does your last name start with. Hers is K I am M, because I thought I ordered before her.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

Sara Sue
Permanent Resident

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2012 :  4:34:01 PM  Show Profile Send Sara Sue a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Starts with a T.
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2012 :  09:09:23 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well that shoots that idea down.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2012 :  09:10:44 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh another thought she has priority ship, I have standard.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

hillstreetmama
Permanent Resident

USA
3448 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2012 :  02:30:11 AM  Show Profile Send hillstreetmama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't heard that mine has shipped yet. It seems like forever ago that I ordered it.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

imamshua
Chatty Knitter

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2012 :  8:33:31 PM  Show Profile Send imamshua a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got an email from Amazon yesterday and it is arriving as my Valentines Day Present!

Sally

If you think you're too small to be effective you have never been in bed with a mosquito - Bette Reese
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  08:46:50 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I received my notice today! I am sooooo excited.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2012 :  08:00:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
(Topic moved from General News and Announcements to Book Recommendations and Questions.)

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

draymer
Permanent Resident

USA
1490 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2012 :  12:12:01 PM  Show Profile Send draymer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got mine yesterday (ordered in september, last name R, 2-day shipping). I started reading it word for word, and realized I would never finish. Now I am kind of skimming it. I have just finished cast-ons. My goodness - I only knew about long-tail, knitted, cable and a couple provisional. This is mind blowing. I thought since I have the Vogue Knitting book, did I really need this? The answer is absolutely! This book is fabulous!
Go to Top of Page

hillstreetmama
Permanent Resident

USA
3448 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2012 :  2:58:16 PM  Show Profile Send hillstreetmama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They finally shipped mine today!!

Jan
Go to Top of Page

Margie
Permanent Resident

USA
1032 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2012 :  5:48:27 PM  Show Profile Send Margie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How much new is there compared with POK first edition?? I've seen the second at my LYS but haven't bought it. PLus there's no room on the shelves ...

Margie and Mimi (my hearing dog who doesn't knit -- yet)

Go to Top of Page

Janettoo
Warming Up

64 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2012 :  10:23:11 PM  Show Profile Send Janettoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a lot of new stuff!

Go to Amazon and click "look inside". Then compare that chapter with your earlier edition. Also look at the index. Or, take your old edition to your LYS and compare the treatment of specific topics you are interested in in both editions.

The new edition goes on your shelf where the old edition used to be.

I gave my old edition to a young knitter in my group, after I copied my notes into the new one.

Janet in TN

[quote]Originally posted by Margie

How much new is there compared with POK first edition?? I've seen the second at my LYS but haven't bought it. PLus there's no room on the shelves ...

Go to Top of Page

Kade1301
Permanent Resident

France
1438 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2012 :  07:02:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kade1301's Homepage Send Kade1301 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who has actually read it? Or at least a considerable part of it? I bought the new edition when it came out, started to read a few pages and decided it's just too unwieldy to read for fun. I have looked up intarsia in the round (and found the reference to Mary Thomas's knitting book where I then found what I needed to know), but most of the time the book serves for pressing things flat or raising my seat height for more comfortable spinning (with a cushion on top). I don't have arthritis, am used to wielding pitch forks and hay nets and normally love thick books (Stephen King "The Stand" thick) - but this one is just not practical, I think. I believe the e-book version would make sense (but don't have a Kindle and don't really want to buy one).

Bye, Klara

http://www.lahottee.info
Go to Top of Page

Margie
Permanent Resident

USA
1032 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2013 :  1:59:57 PM  Show Profile Send Margie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got POK 2 from the library and hope to buy it at Stitches. Maybe ... Yes, new things. I, too, have no space on my shelves (they groan) but will make space for this ... somehow.

Go to Top of Page

Lanea
Permanent Resident

USA
5192 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2013 :  06:29:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lanea's Homepage Send Lanea a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't read it cover to cover, but I consult it as a resource pretty regularly. It's a reference tome, and I treat it as such.

See proof of insanity: http://crazylanea.com/
Read my audiobook reviews: http://booksforears.com/
Buy handmade sock knitting bags: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5031570
Join the KR Webring: http://www.crazylanea.com/fiberarts/2006/07/the_knitters_re.html
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe