Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Movies / Articles / Celebrities / Books / News
 TV show recommendations?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Solaris
Permanent Resident

Canada
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2012 :  9:23:47 PM  Show Profile Send Solaris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't watch much TV, but I happen to enjoy "Castle" and "Once Upon a Time".

Irish Red
Warming Up

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2012 :  11:20:18 AM  Show Profile Send Irish Red a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am absolutely addicted to PBS' Masterpiece, DOWNTON ABBEY. I watched both seasons back-to-back and am now in limbo until the 3rd season begins. I love it. Netflix has season one on instant streaming, season two will probably be added soon. Can't remember if Hulu has it already. Watching that made me look up other Masterpiece selections I missed before retiremenbt, earning just enough to assemble a stash. I watched season one of THE FORSYTE SAGA, and liked it very much, even to order season two on Amazon. There are several more I am going to pursue when finished with that. (Minh, I notice the same pattern, lots of British shows. Maybe they are a tad slower paced, and more condusive to knitting???)

The Industrious Bee
Go to Top of Page

BlueStocking
Sustaining Member

USA
945 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2012 :  10:56:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit BlueStocking's Homepage Send BlueStocking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Downtown Abbey. Just wish it was longer! :-D Can't stand that we have to wait until 2013 for the next installment! gaaah.

I don't watch alot of regular TV, but I'm really enjoying "Smash" on NBC. It's a behind-the-scenes drama about Broadway starring Deborah Messing, Christian Borle, Jack Davenport (dahyum is he good looking :-D ), Anjelica Huston and Katherine McPhee, and I am thoroughly entertained by it.

Also enjoyed The Walking Dead, but I haven't watched that in a while. May have to get back to it.

Jennifer

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"

Yarns and Rare Spinning Fibers from Spirit Trail Fiberworks: http://www.spirit-trail.net
Blog: http://TheSpiritTrail.blogspot.com
"SpiritTrail" on Flickr and Ravelry

Go to Top of Page

jennybensmom
Chatty Knitter

182 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  11:22:29 AM  Show Profile Send jennybensmom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Deleting duplicate message.
Go to Top of Page

jennybensmom
Chatty Knitter

182 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  11:35:35 AM  Show Profile Send jennybensmom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hubby and I like "Lost Girl" on SyFy. It's in it's first season here in the USA, but second or third in Canada. I like the comedy "New Girl" starring Zooey Deschanel, on Fox, too. And for a while I watched "Smash" on NBC for the really good acting, singing and musical numbers, but it's on at the same time as "Lost Girl." Fortunately, whole episodes can be watched on the Internet.

Barbara

Edited to add more text.
Go to Top of Page

purlewe
Permanent Resident

1916 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2012 :  08:27:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit purlewe's Homepage Send purlewe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another Brit show to add: Hustle. Unfortunately only 4 seasons are available in the US, the rest are UK only. But it is BRILLIANT and if you loved Leverage, you'll love HUSTLE!

Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming. ~Myrna Loy
http://purlewe.typepad.com/
Go to Top of Page

knitree
Seriously Hooked

688 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  8:51:18 PM  Show Profile Send knitree a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Minh - I'll toss in my favorites: Burn Notice (USA network, past seasons on netflix, current seasons stream on hulu with time delay). I have knitted through many hours of How I Met Your Mother, and Samantha Who? (both netflix). Both are really funny and you will recognize the characters. I also watch Castle, Bones, Modern Family, and the Middle on hulu. Did you catch Chuck? So good! Finally, the Daily Show with Jon Stewart and the Colbert Report are often laugh-out-loud funny.

Tree
Taking simple patterns and complicating them...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.55 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?