Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: An Irish twist on yarn from Black Water Abbey
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Current Projects?
 Knitting Resolutions!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

mangokiwi
Chatty Knitter

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2011 :  3:04:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit mangokiwi's Homepage Send mangokiwi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What can I say? I am really looking forward to 2012. A chance to start afresh? What are your knitting resolutions for 2012? I am still continuing with the year of the cardigan! Looking to get better at colorwork and try steeking!

Check out my blog!
http://knitting-fun.blogspot.com

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2011 :  4:03:01 PM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am challenging myself to complete my first sweater. I guess that's not very much. But if the practice sweater comes out nice, I'd like to also complete a second version of the sweater, with nicer yarn.

Colorwork and steeking sound exciting, but I'm not there yet!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

mangokiwi
Chatty Knitter

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2011 :  8:51:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit mangokiwi's Homepage Send mangokiwi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds cool, have you decided on a pattern for your first sweater?

Check out my blog!
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

755 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2011 :  9:16:59 PM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I didn't get to go to the retreat this year because of illness but I decided to act like was there and do somthing new. I don't know what it's call. I bought this sweater kit and you knit with a strand of yarn on each hand. I saw a man in Chicago knit at one of the retreats here. I bet I watch him for an hour. He let me try it on his sweater. I got home and forgot it all I now have the CD. Donna
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2011 :  10:06:12 PM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mangokiwi, yes, I've cast on the Cecchetti sweater, from Twist Collective. It's very simple--pure stockinette except for some purled rows to prevent curling. I figure it will give me experience in getting my gauge right, knitting sleeves, attaching sleeves, and I'm sure a bunch of stuff I don't even know about yet. I'm about ten rows in already!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1926 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2012 :  07:38:54 AM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy New Year to all, I am happy to be back here. As I seem to have to knit hats, I have found a group that can use them and is easy to send to. I also want to learn sock knitting this year, and spend more time on KR with you all, happy knitting everyone, Chayah in NY

"Each breath really is a new beginning of the rest of our lives." Jon Kabat-Zinn
Go to Top of Page

sherrya
Warming Up

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2012 :  11:24:11 AM  Show Profile Send sherrya a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a couple of projects to finish and then I will start my new beginnings project. Can't wait!

Happy New Year!
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2012 :  2:59:04 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
2012 is a finishing yr for me as I finish 2 I can start a new and even buy new yarn as I need it only. 2011 was a finishing yr for me too and workinging out of stash.I finished quite a few but still have a few to go and the stash is down to scarf size item only. I am pleased with my progress from last yr and if I can keep it up I should be able to start 2013 all fresh and new.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4153 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2012 :  6:25:08 PM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's my spinning year! I will spin up all the alpaca in the garage!

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  05:15:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My plans this year are to design/knit an aran sweater and a swing jacket in stranded colorwork.
My resolution is to write down whatever I design into patterns.

Bess
http://likethequeen2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

hillstreetmama
Permanent Resident

USA
3448 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  08:08:36 AM  Show Profile Send hillstreetmama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My resolution is to find all my needles, and get them back into their cases. This is a bigger resolution than it sounds, because most of those "missing" needles are connected to UFO's.... so, I'll either be finishing or rewinding as many as I can.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2041 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  09:48:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess my main resolution is to stay within my yarn budget. I want to finish or frog all of my projects that are in process. Some just don't deserve to be completed and others developed problems and were set aside. I did manage to complete my Classic Lines Cardigan on 12/31/11 and have a jacket within 2 finishing days of work. Some kitchner on 3 projects will get them off the list. I have enough yarn to get through the year, I think, so hopefully won't be buying more for awhile. That is if I can stay out of yarn stores!

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

Go to Top of Page

mangokiwi
Chatty Knitter

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  10:03:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit mangokiwi's Homepage Send mangokiwi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hear you Shalee! I should have another resolution, not to add to my stash!

Check out my blog!
Go to Top of Page

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

680 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  10:41:14 AM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My resolution for 2012 is to keep hacking away at my UFOs, and to stick to smallish new projects so they don't end up becoming next years UFOs. I have signed up for one all day knitting seminar so far, and I aim to go to one knitting retreat if possible. Fridays will be set aside for my local knitting group.

Kristina
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  1:58:21 PM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think I actually made a resolution regarding knitting for 2012. Somehow my mind seems to be stuck in the "knitting dishcloths" mode. It is like I am a broken record. I blame this forum and in particular Hillstreetmama, purlthis, Robinstephanie and mertle as well as others who encouraged me to knit dishcloths.
I usually knit large items like jumpers (you call them sweaters) and cardigans. Dishcloths are a good break. However I do have in mind that I need to finish my lacy cardigan, finish my pink jumper, finish a striped/pansy jumper for my granddaughter and get stuck into a jumper for DH. Then there is the yarn I bought at our local yarn store when she had a sale. $2 a ball (50gms) for such things as Cleckheaton Country and Zhivago. I bought enough for two jumpers/cardigans for myself and one each for a grand son and grand daughter. If I get all that done in a year I will be amazed. That would be finishing three and knitting five more jumpers. Five large adult pieces and the other three, children's ones.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

hillstreetmama
Permanent Resident

USA
3448 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2012 :  9:04:38 PM  Show Profile Send hillstreetmama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Grandmoogi - I'm proud to be included in your list of blame! Enjoy all those projects!

Jan
Go to Top of Page

bare49@hotmail.com

Posted - 01/05/2012 :  04:15:26 AM  Show Profile Send bare49@hotmail.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This year I want to put my energy toward producing one million mittens for charity. I know I can't do it alone so if anyone wants to help, let me know.

Beary Godmother
Go to Top of Page

emmyc
Chatty Knitter

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2012 :  04:57:07 AM  Show Profile Send emmyc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
happy new year all!
I have three knitting resolutions for 2012.
First and foremost is to return to the KR retreat in November. This year was my first and I have to say it was sort of a life changer. thanks again Clara!

My second resolution is also retreat related. I had to admit to Clara when I bought "The Knitter's Book of Socks," that I had never knit a sock. Clara pointed me to "Stepping Stones" as a good first pattern. I bought a beautiful skein of worsted weight yarn from Spirit Trails, and then knit a pair of socks! Holy cow, I never knew anything could make my feet that happy. My resolution is to knit the patterns of all the designers at the retreat who graciously autographed my book!

Third, and most important, I resolve to make as many of my knitting related purchases from my LYS if possible. I know sometimes it is more expensive, but I've seen too many beautiful stores close in the last couple of years!

I guess I'll have to add a 4th.
Beary Godmother, Sign me up for a pair of mittens .

emmyc
winchester ma
Go to Top of Page

Bookandyarn
New Pal

11 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2012 :  05:47:55 AM  Show Profile Send Bookandyarn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have to agree with everyone. I want to finish my ufo's and rehabilitate the yarns of the ufos I don't want to finish. Also, I want to use my stash yarn this year. I have 2+ closets full of yarn and I think I have enough yarn to keep knitting everyday, all day, for the next five years. Of course, this yarn diet does not include the yarn I am getting from clubs! My reward for being so good would be to go to Rhinebeck this fall and replenish my stash!
Go to Top of Page

love2knit
New Pal

5 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2012 :  06:08:45 AM  Show Profile Send love2knit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My New Year's resolution is to finally make PDFs of the many patterns I have in the works. I'm so much faster at knitting and designing than I am at producing my patterns. I've got a long list of requests from people for patterns they want from the things I have in my Etsy shop, and I somehow never get to finish the patterns. Partly this is because I consider them teaching patterns and am committed to including tutorials, but partly it's just that I'd really rather be knitting!

So here it is - out in public - I WILL get those patterns finished!!!

If you'd like to see the ones I did complete, please check out http://www.KnittingGuru.etsy.com

If you're not already there,
please also join me at http://www.facebook.com/KnittingGuru

Happy New Year everyone!
Go to Top of Page

marjotse
Permanent Resident

Sweden
1018 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2012 :  06:55:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit marjotse's Homepage Send marjotse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm right now working on my backlog of patterns too.... I have four that I have to finish and get of to an editor. Now one is written and I only need to do the grading. The other I am knitting it again for the last tweaks, the third one I got the yarn for a second knit just today and the fourth I have to decide what to do. So yes getting those out of the way is one thing I will do the coming months!
Another one resolution that I have made is that I will, at least until the first of April, only knit from stash. There is one exception and that is if I have very very compelling reasons in case of pattern design to work with a specific yarn. Otherwise it has to be stash! After the first of April I will do a new assessment.....but even then I will try to really make my stash smaller.

Marjolein

http://kantajour.blogspot.com
my photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/98299499@N00/
On Ravelry: Marjotse
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.67 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000