Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Things we do Besides Knitting
 Career Talk
 Retirement
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Patshere
Chatty Knitter

176 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2011 :  11:49:02 AM  Show Profile Send Patshere a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just announced that I will be retiring on March 30,2012 after almost 38 years with my company. I'll be heading to Friday Harbor right after that to spend time at one of Cat Bordhi's events. Is that a great way to kick it off or what?

Clara
queen bee

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2011 :  12:59:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is fantastic - and what an auspicious way to launch your next adventure. Bravo!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

Nanaknit
Chatty Knitter

287 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2011 :  3:42:45 PM  Show Profile Send Nanaknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations, I am so jealous! Even tho I have over 31 years with the county, I started so young that I can't afford to retire yet. Starting with a wonderful knitting retreat sounds like a perfect way to begin your new adventure.

Linda

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't."
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

rosir
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
442 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2011 :  4:10:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit rosir's Homepage Send rosir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How smart you are to plan something so exciting and fun to begin your new life. Hopefully it will set the tone for your new endeavors, because I can't imagine you sitting still for too long. When you enter a room, your energy is contagious. Lovely part of the country and high energy, off the wallcreative instructor...what more could you ask for. Have a ball.

Rosi
Go to Top of Page

Patshere
Chatty Knitter

176 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2011 :  4:27:53 PM  Show Profile Send Patshere a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rosir

How smart you are to plan something so exciting and fun to begin your new life. Hopefully it will set the tone for your new endeavors, because I can't imagine you sitting still for too long. When you enter a room, your energy is contagious. Lovely part of the country and high energy, off the wallcreative instructor...what more could you ask for. Have a ball.

Rosi

Rosie, on so many levels! Now I'm off to bake...I'll bet you've been doing some of that too.
Go to Top of Page

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

699 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2011 :  5:20:18 PM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good luck in retirement! I will join you in December 2012. Can hardly wait to be able to knit and knit and knit some more.

Kristina
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2011 :  5:35:42 PM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations! I'm happy for you! That sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate.
judy
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1266 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2011 :  6:21:23 PM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Patshere, congratulations, that's so exciting. I agree with you, it is a fantastic way to kick off retirement. I hope you not only get to kick it off that way, but get to keep it going that way!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

One Stitch at a Time
Chatty Knitter

300 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2011 :  7:34:11 PM  Show Profile Send One Stitch at a Time a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations, Pat! 38 years with one company is quite an achievement. I can't think of a better way to start this next phase of your life than to attend a knitting event with Cat Bhordi!

Enjoy!

Nanci
Go to Top of Page

mjhealy
Warming Up

76 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2011 :  07:20:51 AM  Show Profile Send mjhealy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pat,

Wonderful news for you! Congratulations on achieving a meaningful life milestone.

Best,
Martha
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

766 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2011 :  08:28:00 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pat, I'm so happy for you. I have 22years here and only ten more years before I'll be sitting and knitting. Please tell us what you are doing and lets us live thru you until our time comes to retire. Donna
Go to Top of Page

noallatin
Chatty Knitter

286 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2011 :  09:53:58 AM  Show Profile Send noallatin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations, Pat. Have fun! I am envious, especially since I can't retire yet either.
Go to Top of Page

La galloise
Chatty Knitter

France
163 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2011 :  3:44:30 PM  Show Profile Send La galloise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pat, I'm sure you'll love being retired. I've been rertired nearly 10 years now and still haven't run out of new things to try............it's just finding enough time to do all the fleece preparation, spinning ,dyeing, knitting, sewing ,patchwork,gardening ,reading, travelling as well!!
Go to Top of Page

Margie
Permanent Resident

USA
1032 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2014 :  7:36:39 PM  Show Profile Send Margie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Retirement is the way to go. Believe me. But I still won't make it thru my book list or knitting list in this lifetime ... ratz. Oh well, I'll have to keep trying. I can do both at once and that I really enjoy.

Margie and Mimi (my hearing dog who doesn't knit -- yet)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe