Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Sock Forum
 needles
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mo54
New Pal

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  09:57:22 AM  Show Profile Send mo54 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I use DPN's and the brand is Crystal Palace but my local yarn store sadly has closed. What are your favorite DPN's and the name of a good online source for both yarn and needles? Thank you

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4368 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  10:23:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm so happy that someone else besides me chooses DPNs! I love Crystal Palace, too -- they're never failed me. I've gotten them online at Patternworks, but here's the Crystal Palace list of online shops: Online Sources. Hope this helps!

Jane

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: Flickr Album
Go to Top of Page

mo54
New Pal

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  10:39:56 AM  Show Profile Send mo54 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the lead!!!!
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1673 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  3:06:03 PM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like the Susan Bates Quicksilver DPN's. I dont care for the small size bamboo/wood dpn's, I find they split or break on me. I have gotten them from Patternworks online.
judy
Go to Top of Page

AuntyNin
Seriously Hooked

USA
772 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  5:00:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit AuntyNin's Homepage Send AuntyNin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've become quite fond of the Knitpicks wooden DPNs, and they're now my "go to" needles for socks.

AuntyNin; not dead, just retired...
Go to Top of Page

arlinem
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
442 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2011 :  8:36:55 PM  Show Profile Send arlinem a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like Knitpicks nickle plated short dpns for socks. I just seem to knit a blue streak on them.
Go to Top of Page

mo54
New Pal

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2011 :  9:23:04 PM  Show Profile Send mo54 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
do they come shorter than 6 inches?
Go to Top of Page

suecq
Chatty Knitter

USA
205 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2011 :  08:41:44 AM  Show Profile Send suecq a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Knit picks dp come in 4 inch and 5 inch length in the small sock sizes. At least the Harmony ones do. I do not know about the metal.
Go to Top of Page

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1699 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2011 :  12:34:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't have US0-3 in Hiya Hiya, but I have all the other sizes and like them for mittens and smaller circular items. They come in 4 and 5 inches. And yes, I prefer dpns (and don't get ladders between needles). A new sock knitter needed some help managing dpns, and I was very surprised that the instructor of the class she took didn't discuss some kind of "position order" to make using them easier.

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
Go to Top of Page

Ruby Plaid
Seriously Hooked

USA
661 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2012 :  08:47:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ruby Plaid's Homepage Send Ruby Plaid a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like using plastic or metal DPNs for socks. Normally I prefer bamboo but I keep snapping them because the sock gets too heavy.

I really like Addi's DPNs, and I get a lot of mileage out of good ol' Susan Bates plastic ones too.

My knitting & crafts blog is here: http://www.spindyeknitlove.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Panhandle Jane
Seriously Hooked

USA
607 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2012 :  11:15:48 AM  Show Profile Send Panhandle Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm using DPNs in a rather limited fashion, but I find that I like KP's wooden needles as well.

quote:
Originally posted by AuntyNin

I've become quite fond of the Knitpicks wooden DPNs, and they're now my "go to" needles for socks.

AuntyNin; not dead, just retired...

Blog--http:\\www.panhandleknitandsew.blogspot.com
Ravelry--panhandlejane

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.5 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by