Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Seeking Patterns / Free Pattern Links
 Shawls, Scarves, Ponchos
 Harry Potter Scarf
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Terry
Chatty Knitter

113 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2011 :  4:19:08 PM  Show Profile Send Terry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done a Harry Potter scarf in the round? I found a pattern for the Harry Potter Prisoner of Azkaban Gryffindor Scarf (http://svyet.wordpress.com/2010/10/10/harry-potter-prisoner-of-azkaban-gryffindor-scarf/) and it looks like it would be fairly easy but I am afraid that even though it is done in the round it will take a long time to complete. I'd love feedback if you have done this or a similar pattern. If by chance you know of a pattern which is just as nice but quicker I would appreciate knowing about it. I am looking for the scarf from the later movies.
Thanks so much!

Nanaknit
Chatty Knitter

287 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2011 :  8:26:53 PM  Show Profile Send Nanaknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've made a few of them in the round. They take forever to knit, but are very warm when done. I've also made several knitted flat and I think they look just as good. Didn't have an exact pattern, just kind of winged it. If you go to Ravelry and search patterns with Harry Potter scarf, I'll bet you find all sorts of patterns.

Linda

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't."
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Terry
Chatty Knitter

113 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2011 :  09:07:59 AM  Show Profile Send Terry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for letting me know.
Go to Top of Page

Greyling
Gabber Extraordinaire

579 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2012 :  3:39:41 PM  Show Profile Send Greyling a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Grandson asked for HP Lego sets for Christmas, so am slowly making knitted hats to match the various houses of the dormatories.

This scarf looks like a good match.

Thanks so much.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.