Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Knitting Magazines
 Twist Collective Winter 2011
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rosir
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
442 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2011 :  06:14:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit rosir's Homepage Send rosir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They've done it again! The patterns, articles, artwork, ads; it's all delicious. Twist Collective

Rosi

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4388 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2011 :  06:30:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't have time for this! I still have to pack for the Retreat! The few pages I scrolled through are just wonderful...

Jane

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: Flickr Album
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4403 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2011 :  07:01:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I KNOW. Do I see a New Beginnings project in there?

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

AngieSue
Permanent Resident

USA
1606 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2011 :  07:34:04 AM  Show Profile Send AngieSue a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I woke up at 4:30 this morning and had time to peruse the new collection while drinking my coffee in the quiet hours. I like Perianth, Corinth, Eira, Darlington and Caprio.

Angie

Ravelry: AngieSue
Go to Top of Page

Milinda
Permanent Resident

USA
3817 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2011 :  5:58:00 PM  Show Profile Send Milinda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kudos to them. There are a few things in this issue that HAVE to be done. And I am behind as it is in my Holiday knitting. YIKES! Gorgeous stuff!

M L
Go to Top of Page

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

699 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2011 :  04:51:44 AM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice issue and great photography! And, I can hardly believe that one pattern is called Eira which was my mother's name.

Kristina
Go to Top of Page

anderknit
Permanent Resident

USA
2600 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2011 :  8:07:25 PM  Show Profile Send anderknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, I am sorry, but I have to rant. I finally broke down and bought a Twist pattern. Paid $6 for a hat pattern, against my better judgement. I wish I had listened to myself.

As those of you who "know" me know, I have been knitting a LONG time, and I have knit cables, bobbles, lace, aran, socks, flat, round, baby, adult, etc etc. Well, I have to say, this particular pattern (nameless to give the designer ANOTHER chance to make things right) is unusable. The charts are poorly designed and annotated, and incredibly hard to decipher. I have emailed the designer twice over the last three weeks, and have not received a reply. A HAT! I should be done with the thing by now, and I can't get past the first round. I am so unimpressed, and angry with myself for the purchase. And you know, it's not the $6 - it's the principle of the thing. There are so many interesting free or lower-cost patterns available all over the place. I finally thought, "OK, I understand this model and I will support it." Problem is, when I pay $$$ for something, I expect some value in return, and I have not gotten any.

Pretty photography, interesting designs, but until there's evidence of better editing and pattern support, I'm not going back. It's money thrown away, and I won't do it again.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "
Go to Top of Page

frenchtoast
Chatty Knitter

Canada
188 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2011 :  6:00:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit frenchtoast's Homepage Send frenchtoast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
anderknit, I'm sorry you are not pleased with the Twist Collective pattern you purchased. We make every attempt to help our customers and pride ourselves in customer service. I don't know which pattern or designer you are referring to, so please contact sales@twist collective.com , so that we can assist you.

Thanks, Kate Gilbert
Go to Top of Page

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

3972 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2011 :  06:17:27 AM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think this issue is the best one so far. Every design is beautiful. For the record, my experience with Twist patterns has been excellent. I'm sorry that Anderknit has had such a hard time with the pattern she bought.

Donna in VA

The Honor Roll? It's easier here than in school. Scroll up to "Want to Make Betty Happy?" and be an Honor Roll member.
Go to Top of Page

Lanea
Permanent Resident

USA
5190 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2011 :  07:59:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lanea's Homepage Send Lanea a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow! Another great issue.

I am particularly happy to see Sandi Rosner's article on lifted increases after taking Cookie A's classes at the retreat. The photos of the increases are so clear and the text so informative.

I won't even get started on which of the patterns I want to knit. I might need to start lobbying for Twist to offer a full access subscription option. I don't like to get paper magazines, but I would like to be able to download and archive entire issues.

See proof of insanity: http://crazylanea.com/
Read my audiobook reviews: http://booksforears.com/
Buy handmade sock knitting bags: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5031570
Join the KR Webring: http://www.crazylanea.com/fiberarts/2006/07/the_knitters_re.html
Go to Top of Page

La galloise
Chatty Knitter

France
162 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2011 :  4:10:47 PM  Show Profile Send La galloise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great collection
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?