Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitterly Happenings and Events
 Rhinebeck Sheep/Wool Fes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lisatheking
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  7:30:00 PM  Show Profile Send lisatheking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi does anyone know of a group bus from Long Island NY to Rhinebeck Sheep/Wool Fest this weekend 10/15-16/2011?
thanks

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

680 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  03:58:36 AM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You could take Metro North from Penn Station. Maybe you can find other NYC knitters to join you. It should be a beautiful trip this time of the year.

Kristina
Go to Top of Page

Amarula
Chatty Knitter

210 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  05:57:46 AM  Show Profile Send Amarula a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And I assume Clara is going to be at Rhinebeck, with piles of her new book?!! Mine arrived yesterday from Amazon! Can't wait - need more time to read and knit!
Go to Top of Page

JoliGee
Chatty Knitter

223 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  05:37:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoliGee's Homepage Send JoliGee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you haven’t read Clara’s Rhinebeck A-Z report, do it now! She really captures the spirit of the weekend.

http://asiftoknit.blogspot.com/
http://www.examiner.com/x-20649-Newark-Knitting-Examiner
Go to Top of Page

sward
New Pal

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  05:53:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit sward's Homepage Send sward a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Clara's article was great, especially for someone who wasn't able to get there. Next year I am going to take the train. Does anyone know what this year's featured breed of sheep was? I wasn't able to tell from the NYS&W web site.
Go to Top of Page

Liz F
New Pal

44 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  05:56:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Liz F's Homepage Send Liz F a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Loved this week's article - it was like being there all over again! So nice to see so many familiar faces.
Go to Top of Page

Sorka
Gabber Extraordinaire

486 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  06:00:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sorka's Homepage  Send Sorka a Yahoo! Message Send Sorka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WHat? Q wasn't for Quiviuk.. I didn't see any there either!

Denise
My Knitting Without Needles Blog..Stop on by!
http://www.knitchat.com
Loom knitting patterns and more at Loom Knitters Circle E-zine!
www.loomknitterscircle.com
Go to Top of Page

chris
Permanent Resident

USA
2462 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  07:10:37 AM  Show Profile Send chris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Surprise! I thought Q would be qiviut. Quince works just as well...such beautiful yarn! I thought X would be more difficult, and probably would have for anyone who didn't have Clara's knowledge and expertise in yarn!

Terrific article, Clara! You are a great writer, also evidenced by you newest book, which I received last week. What I love most about your books is that I learn so much from them. I think that even if I weren't a knitter, I would be drawn to your books for the information presented in such an accessible way. Thank you, Clara!

One of these days, I'm going to get to Rhinebeck and/or Maryland S&W. They are on my "bucket list"! As is meeting Clara, of course!

Keep on knittin', mama, knittin' those blues away!
Go to Top of Page

cwardinfo@aol.com
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  07:29:13 AM  Show Profile Send cwardinfo@aol.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Clara for the great review. This was my first time at Rhinebeck and I had a blast. Your review brought back many good memories and also showed me what I missed as we went around the grounds. I did get to meet you and purchase the new book to add to my collection. Our group is already planning next years trio.
Go to Top of Page

maddygunther@gmail.com
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  07:43:03 AM  Show Profile Send maddygunther@gmail.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Q" has got to be for qiviut -- and Rhinebeck is where I bought my one & only ball of it...
Go to Top of Page

Shelia
Permanent Resident

USA
2345 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  1:18:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shelia's Homepage Send Shelia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rhinebeck decided a couple of years ago to discontinue having a featured breed, I think. I'm not sure why, but that's what we were told when we asked.

Shelia
www.letstalkstash.blogspot.com
ravelry name - sheliaknits
Go to Top of Page

mathiemom
Chatty Knitter

USA
240 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  3:01:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit mathiemom's Homepage Send mathiemom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I loved the A-to-Z article, too. And am very sad that I couldn't make it to Rhinebeck myself, but did have a good - and happy - reason to not attend: my 2-year-old granddaughter was spending the week with me and DH while her parents went on a well-deserved child-free vacation. If I lived closer to the Hudson Valley I would have just brought her with me, but despite her fascination with farm animals I know that I wouldn't have had much opportunity to do it *my way*. Hopefully next year . . .

Wendy
Go to Top of Page

antwerpnative
New Pal

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  10:02:09 AM  Show Profile Send antwerpnative a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I loved Clara's From A to Z article. I've never been to the Rhinebeck festival and thoroughly enjoyed reading and seeing all the different photos.
Thanks again Clara and maybe sometime in the future I will be able to visit the Rhinebeck Wool & Fiber Festival
Betty
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?