Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitterly Happenings and Events
 Vogue Knitting Live - in LA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

imamshua
Chatty Knitter

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2011 :  12:49:20 PM  Show Profile Send imamshua a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone going? I'm signed up for two classes both with Laura Bryant. The first is Advanced Design and Construction (I might have that name wrong) and the other is Freeform Knitting. I have taken Freeform from Prudence Mapstone and also Valentina Devine so I'm curious to see Laura's take.

Sally

If you think you're too small to be effective you have never been in bed with a mosquito - Bette Reese

imamshua
Chatty Knitter

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2011 :  6:05:12 PM  Show Profile Send imamshua a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And Clara will be there!

Sally

If you think you're too small to be effective you have never been in bed with a mosquito - Bette Reese
Go to Top of Page

Mary Howard
New Pal

28 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2011 :  05:50:40 AM  Show Profile Send Mary Howard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Clara, thanks for the wonderful review of VKL.
Go to Top of Page

Catlover
Gabber Extraordinaire

398 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2011 :  09:52:27 AM  Show Profile Send Catlover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Clara, thanks for your review of this event. It gives us a little taste of what it was like to be there.
Go to Top of Page

BuffyAnn
New Pal

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2011 :  8:21:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit BuffyAnn's Homepage Send BuffyAnn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We too had the best time at Vogue Knitting Live LA! Everything was perfect. I just love visiting with all the attendees and teachers and event hosts. My voice is froggy still from all the talking. I had a chance to spend some of my time on the marketplace floor. If you didn't get a chance to see Yarn Pops (http://yarnpop.com/) when you were there, you should check them out online. They are awesome!!! We went home with 4 of them!

Also, we were able to show off our Stitch Light - which is always so fun! I love to watch the surprise and excitement of folks seeing the Stitch Light in person for the first time. And to make things even more fun, we had our brand new Yarn Cozy. We had a ton of laughs over them. I believe the name "yarn panties" was said 100+ times over the weekend, followed by a giggle! ahaha... still makes me laugh! Alas, it is over... but we always have Vogue Knitting Live New York in January! Can't wait! ;-)Buffy Ann (www.BuffyAnnDesigns.com)
Go to Top of Page

imamshua
Chatty Knitter

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  5:44:11 PM  Show Profile Send imamshua a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had a wonderful time -- the Hyatt needs to understand the local draw however and not stop serving because the kitchen was swamped, which happened for awhile on Saturday - and as Clara mentioned, the Starbucks line went forever. The Marketplace was wonderful -- I bought 2 sweaters, 1 from Tricoter and a 2nd from L'Atelier and some StevenBe yarns from Pagewood Farms. I'm kicking myself for not buying the purple and gold skien. I was told it was for the Lakers, but the little football charms told me it actually needed to belong to a U of Washington Husky and I wasn't thinking fast enough of who that person might be so I didn't buy it. Laura from Knitwhits had some beautiful and charming stitch markers. I bought some in safari jasper. The owls and Halloween markers were also great. There was also a booth of African baskets, one of which had to come home with me. So much to see and experience.

I did stop by and see BuffyAnn's "panties" and light. Both were great concepts!

I loved my classes with Laura Bryant - her take on freeform was fun and I really liked the fact you did not need to put all the little "scrumbles together" as you picked up and knitted as you went, using short rows, triangles, etc. to keep the fabric flowing and interesting.

Sally

Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1267 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  6:13:49 PM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds just terrific. I'd really like to learn free form knitting.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.