Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Tool Talk
 Needles
 KR Review of Knitter's Pride interchangeables
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sward
New Pal

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2011 :  06:16:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit sward's Homepage Send sward a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a pair of dpn Darn Pretty Needles and I love them. I will definitely be buying American from them in the future.

Wardmom
Go to Top of Page

Home Gal
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  7:10:58 PM  Show Profile Send Home Gal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've just been given a small set of KnitPro's by a friend who lives in the UK. In reading the previous entries, I have to admit I'm a bit confused. Are KnitPros made by the same company as the KnitPicks (Harmony, etc.) or the Knitter's Pride, or both?
Go to Top of Page

birdgirl
New Pal

7 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  07:29:01 AM  Show Profile Send birdgirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have knit picks harmony needles and love using them. I have noticed the pairs will have one needle with the ridge pronounced, and the other needle looks like a dyak craft needles. I buy them locally so am going to be more careful when looking at more tips. I found a lys that is carrying knitters pride now, and these needles seem to be a step up in quality from knit picks. They didn't have tips only so I have ordered online and am waiting:-) :-) :-) I already have knit picks cables so didn't order those, as they will fit the new tips. I didn't order a full set, because I'm not using smallest sizes yet.....
Go to Top of Page

lbrendon
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2012 :  07:55:04 AM  Show Profile Send lbrendon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've ordered, and played with, the Knitter's Pride acrylic needles (only available as a set) called "Trendz" and only cosing $37.00 at Webs. My original "go-to" needles are Addi Lace, but they are often too slick for the yarn (such as Hempathy), and I admit, I went for the cuteness factor.

I love them. I had a horrible time with Knit Picks' interchangeables - one problem for me was that they connected with so few turns. Knitters Pride needles have to turn about 12 times before you tighten them.

I'm so pleased that I'm thinking about ordering their wooden set, but may just try a few points before I plunk down the $$ for them.

Laura
Go to Top of Page

churchlady
Warming Up

Canada
81 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2012 :  09:59:33 AM  Show Profile Send churchlady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Knitter's Pride also has interchangeable crochet hooks in their range, for Tunisian or Afghan style crochet, which has always been limited in width by the length of about the same as a single-point needle. I find it very helpful for picking up stitches to use a crochet hook to get the stitches on the cord and then attach the tips (knit them tbl if necessary). There's a foreign KnitPicks dealer that has a crochet tip, too, I think.

A great feature of both systems, the turn-key tightening, makes running a life-line for lace-knitting a breeze. Just thread unwaxed dental floss through the hole in the needle when you do a purl row, and you have an easy spot to rip back to if you've made a mistake you can't fix! Do it regularly, and you'll love lace.

Live, Laugh, Love, Learn
Go to Top of Page

alwaysatech
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2012 :  07:19:56 AM  Show Profile Send alwaysatech a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Home Gal

I've just been given a small set of KnitPro's by a friend who lives in the UK. In reading the previous entries, I have to admit I'm a bit confused. Are KnitPros made by the same company as the KnitPicks (Harmony, etc.) or the Knitter's Pride, or both?

To Home Gal,

Since no one else is answering you, I want to let you know that yes, knit pro and knitpicks harmony are one in the same. I cannot answer for Knitters Pride, as I have no personal knowledge.

I have purchased both, Knit Pro from Deramores in the UK (until they upped the price on shipping and their tips) and the Harmony woods from knit picks.

All of the tips fit all of the cords.

These are the only needles that I use, little bit by little bit, I am acquiring every size.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?