Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 How do you keep a tabletop yarn swift in place?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

janile44

Posted - 06/27/2011 :  4:12:46 PM  Show Profile Send janile44 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got one of those wooden tabletop yarn swifts with the pegs and wondered how any of the rest of you who might have one keep it from moving around on the table top? The most logical thing would be to get some of that rubber mat stuff that comes in a roll, I guess. But I'm curious as to other suggestions the knitting genius's on these forums might come up with? I don't have many places to set the swift, except for a regular-sized wooden TV tray, which limits me a bit space-wise if using both the swift and a ball winder at the same time. Plus using such a small surface to set the swift on doesn't give me much "wiggle room".

ikkivan
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2011 :  09:10:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit ikkivan's Homepage Send ikkivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In the beginning, I wrapped rubber bands around the bottom ends (the ends of the cross pieces that form the "stand") and that worked well for me. When the rubber bands finally broke from age, I did replace them with the stuff you mention, as I had scraps of that on hand; actually, I think mine was from a cut-to-fit, non-slip rug pad. I just cut 4 squares and glued them onto the bottom of my swift.

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe