Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Machine Talk
 Super Duper Basic Beginner Talk
 NT-10 Fairisle brand machine
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

weirdgrrl
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2011 :  05:48:44 AM  Show Profile Send weirdgrrl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I recently bought one of these from some who told me it had been in storage longer than he's been alive. He obviously didn't know anything about it and I haven't been able to find anything online (besides one other person selling one and also knowing nothing about it).

I've used a Silver Reed Machine before and was expecting this to be quite a bit more similar than it's turned out to be. The needles are much shorter (2 29/32" by my measurement, including the butt/handle/knob/I-forget-what-it's-called-thingy), the carriage is much simpler (no round spinning brushes [-I'm sorry I forget all the proper terms!]).
I think I've got it set up so that I should be able to do a basic jersey knit but it's not working.

Does anyone have any tips, suggestions, (manuals?!?), ideas, or anything else at all that might help me get this thing working? I could take a picture of the machine if that would help to identify it.

kim pauls
New Pal

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  1:32:51 PM  Show Profile  Send kim pauls a Yahoo! Message Send kim pauls a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dear weied girl I also got a vintage NT-11 but I have instructions what I need is a garment holder Im missing teeth i can copy my booklet. It is for the super knitter Nt-11 Hope fullly you have not gotten rid of yours. have you found patterns?
earnestly Kpauls
Go to Top of Page

texas44
New Pal

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2014 :  02:42:03 AM  Show Profile Send texas44 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a Faire Isle NT -12 with no manual. is there someone who will share or can tell me where to buy It? Thanks so much. Linda D
Go to Top of Page

ikkivan
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2014 :  09:51:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit ikkivan's Homepage Send ikkivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Be sure to check out the knitting machine groups on Ravelry ... you may find out information on one of those.

Also, some manuals are available free to download off the Internet; won't hurt to try a search. AND, some companies that are no longer "in business" actually were taken over by other, newer companies that may offer some help. Good luck!

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)
Go to Top of Page

texas44
New Pal

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2014 :  09:21:00 AM  Show Profile Send texas44 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a NT-12 no manual. Did you ever locate one?
Kim would you share with me?
Does anyone know which machine it is similar to?
I am restoring, cleaning,etc a vintage machine given me and will be ready to knit soon.
Any suggestions appreciated.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?