Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Tool Talk
 Needles
 US 10.75
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1792 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2011 :  8:43:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oddly, this size is a hole on one of my needle gauges, but it isn't available in the USA. So, I was in the UK recently and picked up a 24" and 40" Addi Turbo in this size.

Why don't we have this size here? It's a huge jump from 10.5 to 11.

Anyway, adding these sizes to my collection increases gauge possibilities!

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.

knitree
Seriously Hooked

688 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  9:15:42 PM  Show Profile Send knitree a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a very old pair of Addi Turbos in this size - dull tip, thick plasticy cable, but I still use them sometimes because it is a great size. Enjoy them!

Tree
Taking simple patterns and complicating them...
Go to Top of Page

suecq
Chatty Knitter

USA
205 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2011 :  07:45:02 AM  Show Profile Send suecq a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Knitpicks sells the 10.75 needle for their intrchangeables. I am not sure if they carry it in their fixed circulars or straights.
Go to Top of Page

shaggy
Permanent Resident

USA
4126 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2011 :  08:45:32 AM  Show Profile Send shaggy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have Trish's addi 10.5. I don't use large needles, however I may need it one day.

shaggy

every dollar makes Betty smile

Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

766 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2011 :  10:35:55 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have Harmony straight 14 inch 10.75 from knitpicks. Donna
Go to Top of Page

Wen
Permanent Resident

Australia
3244 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2011 :  5:29:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wen's Homepage Send Wen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
7mm has been a standard size outside the US for ever (UK size 2). I remember seeing a post on Ravelry that Knitpicks has started stocking them. Interesting that my Knitpicks options set came with a 7mm when the US company was saying they weren't being manufactured.

If you can't find one locally, most sites in UK, Europe, Australia, NZ will be able to supply one.

Wen

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wen1965/sets/72157623175907664/show/ 2010 FO
http://wenswoolgathering.wordpress.com/ My blog
Go to Top of Page

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1792 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2011 :  7:59:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Like I said, I have two circs, 24" and 40", in this size. They have already proved their usefulness. And Addis are the best, in my mind.

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
Go to Top of Page

hillstreetmama
Permanent Resident

USA
3448 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2011 :  1:57:54 PM  Show Profile Send hillstreetmama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found some Addi's in a clearance bin that were both of the sizes between 10.5 and 11. If you're going after gauge in that needle range, there is just waaaay too much difference between those two US sizes. It's nice to have these in my arsenal of needles.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

sandy48
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2011 :  05:04:23 AM  Show Profile Send sandy48 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Addi Natura comes in a 10.75
Go to Top of Page

knitz2
Permanent Resident

USA
1800 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2011 :  05:48:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit knitz2's Homepage Send knitz2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HiyaHiya sells both 10.75 / 7 mm and 10.85 / 7.5 mm knitting needles. Love my HiyaHiyas!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass ...
.....it's learning how to dance in the rain!
Come visit me at http://yarnbasket.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Tripleransom
New Pal

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2011 :  06:39:44 AM  Show Profile Send Tripleransom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have some Harmony birch needles in sizes 7.00 (10 3/4) and 7.5 (10 7/8). I found them on Ebay
Go to Top of Page

kmd52@yahoo.com

USA
Posted - 06/23/2011 :  07:14:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit kmd52@yahoo.com's Homepage Send kmd52@yahoo.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We stock that size, using both the Addi and Hiya. I will say that not many folks ask for it.
Go to Top of Page

RoxieKatz
New Pal

11 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2011 :  07:15:44 AM  Show Profile Send RoxieKatz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have Pony circs and Daisy straights in 10.75, and both were purchased in the Washington DC area. Love both of them!
Go to Top of Page

gadurkin@aol.com
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2011 :  07:35:00 AM  Show Profile Send gadurkin@aol.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am a Rep for The Skacel Collection in AZ,NM,TX. We do carry the 10.75 size needles in our collection. Check with your LYS for this product. When seeking proper gauge for your project this size often comes in handy.
gadurkin@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

KnitChaos
New Pal

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2011 :  09:05:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit KnitChaos's Homepage  Send KnitChaos a Yahoo! Message Send KnitChaos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have this size in Addi Turbo. I bought it at a shop in Ann Arbor, MI years ago.

Hex
http://knitchaos.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

OPKnitter
New Pal

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2011 :  09:10:35 AM  Show Profile Send OPKnitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sitting here looking at a 60" Addi Turbo Lace 7mm/10.75 needle purchased last summer from my LYS in Rehoboth, DE. It was a special order item, but they are indeed available in the US.
Go to Top of Page

Karin Skacel
New Pal

10 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2011 :  09:31:57 AM  Show Profile Send Karin Skacel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ceil!
These are available in the USA. Contact your favorite authorized addi dealer and ask for them! If they do not have them, they can certainly order them from us. They are stocked from a 16" to a 60" in both Turbo and Lace versions!
Karin Skacel
Go to Top of Page

mwenskay@hotmail.com
New Pal

10 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2011 :  11:47:21 AM  Show Profile Send mwenskay@hotmail.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I own Crystal Palace 10.75 purchased at my LYS over ten years ago. I have used them many times for projects that call for chunky yarns. When bulky yarn styles are in style,they become available. Knitting cycles over and over, stay tuned!
Go to Top of Page

ella
New Pal

12 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2011 :  1:13:57 PM  Show Profile Send ella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
At this very moment, Jimmy Beans Wool has Addi lace needles in this size on sale via Woolwatcher!
Go to Top of Page

jen2500
New Pal

20 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2011 :  1:16:15 PM  Show Profile Send jen2500 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did not realize this was an unusual size, but I guess it is. I picked up a pair of 10.75 when I was in Iceland, and it didn't occur to me that it wasn't a standard size at the time. Now that you mention it, I haven't seen any patterns using it. I did find it very useful on a project where I needed to adjust gauge and move the needle size down from an 11.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.5 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe