Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 General Technique Questions
 stripes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ctpolaje
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2011 :  09:49:05 AM  Show Profile Send ctpolaje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a pattern that uses stripes. I will be switching colors after every 2 or 3 rows - up to 6 rows. What would be the best way to handle my yarns - since I will be knitting with up to 6 different colors at once? Should I try to carry or breakoff after each color.

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

699 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2011 :  4:12:00 PM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It depends on how wide the strips are. If you have very wide strips you are better off cutting the yarn. If the strips are not wide carry the yarn up. This avoids the boring task of weaving in the ends which is preferable. If you carry you have to wrap the other yarns every inch or so. To avoid the dreaded jog when you change color See Meg Swansen's article called "The Jogless Jog" in Knitter's Magazine Winter '96 page 33. Good luck.

Kristina
Go to Top of Page

Coolj
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2011 :  06:44:26 AM  Show Profile Send Coolj a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a link to Kristina's reference: http://www.socknitters.com/kickback/joglessjog.htm
Juanita
Go to Top of Page

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

699 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2011 :  07:08:11 AM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Juanita, I just put the link in Bookmarks!

Kristina
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?