Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Completion Issues?
 looking for discontinued anny blatt yarn
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

flyingal
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  9:24:53 PM  Show Profile Send flyingal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am looking for 2-3 skeins of Anny Blatt Amboise yarn in black. It resembles curly lamb and has been discontinued from the Anny Blatt line for several years. I have contacted the AB people already and they cannot help me. If anyone knows where I can find this yarn or if you have a store that still carries it anywhere in the world, please let me know!! Please tell your friends who may be of some help. I would be forever grateful! Thanks in advance.

sjanova
Seriously Hooked

USA
963 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2011 :  5:56:59 PM  Show Profile Send sjanova a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are you on Ravelry? There are a few in-search-of-yarn groups there. You also could look for that yarn in stashes, whether or not people have listed them in their trade or sale sections of their stashes, and ask if someone who has that yarn is willing to consider trade or sale. It's worth trying, anyhow.

sja
Go to Top of Page

Tigerflower
New Pal

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2011 :  4:27:06 PM  Show Profile Send Tigerflower a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know a substitute won't be an exact match but I think there was also a Classic Elite yarn at the time that had a very similar appearance to the Anny blatt Amboise. One of the old Vogue Knitting issues (around the same time frame as patterns using Amboise) featured a Paris themed feature with a Norah Gaughan jacket that used this yarn in collar & cuffs I remember. Depending where & how on the garment you need the extra yardage, a sutstitution might at least make it possible to finish.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe