Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 double knitted mittens
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

susiswimmer
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2010 :  5:23:39 PM  Show Profile Send susiswimmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i need a pattern for mittens knitted double by using a method of knit one, slip one which creates a double layer. does anyone know of a pattern i can use or of a website which has one. please help.

thanks,

susi

lella
Permanent Resident

9712 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2010 :  5:59:50 PM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is the basic idea of that technique:

http://www.ehow.com/how_6137208_directions-double-knitting.html

Now if you have a mitten pattern, follow what it says about skipping, for your double knit mittens. I couldn't find a pattern for them except this one:

http://www.knitting-crochet.com/douknimit.html

But, it might be exactly what you need. I'm sort of flying low through here before dinner so I hope someone can find you a better something, susi.... Happy Knitting.

Lella
Zippiknits
Go to Top of Page

lacylaine
Seriously Hooked

USA
989 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2010 :  06:13:28 AM  Show Profile Send lacylaine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know it sounds obvious, but have you tried Googling? Try: knitting pattern, mittens, double knit. That ought to get you in the ballpark. Good luck!

Melanie

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might." Ecclesiastes 9:10

FO 2009: small market/shower bag; gray watch cap; magic square potholder; five dish cloths, including two new patterns; Hedgerow Mitts! 2010: two pair felted clogs, two chemo caps for Mom

Go to Top of Page

neraksenrab
Chatty Knitter

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2010 :  06:54:37 AM  Show Profile Send neraksenrab a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Susi -- you might try this free pattern:
http://fog.org/~douglask/dmitten.html -- I haven't made these, so I can't tell you how it turns out, but it looks fairly straight forward. These would let you try the technique without having to purchase a pattern. There are many patterns for sale -- try searching Ravelry for "reversible" mitten. Karen
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9712 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2010 :  6:01:53 PM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's the one I remembered but couldn't find with a search.. Great searching skills there Karen!

Lella
Zippiknits
Go to Top of Page

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2042 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2010 :  12:33:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for posting that pattern Karen! Just exactly what I've wanted also! It is soooo cold here and my mittens just aren't warm enough.

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe