Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Family / personal / health issues
 Share one thing that made you happy today
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

AuntyNin
Seriously Hooked

USA
772 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2010 :  1:41:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit AuntyNin's Homepage Send AuntyNin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sunshine!!! Considering how gray'n'gloomy it usually is around here in January, this morning's clear sky and bright light are a joy.

Getting together with friends just topped it off.

AuntyNin's a happy camper today.
Go to Top of Page

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

3974 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2010 :  07:11:45 AM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My SIL got a job yesterday!

Donna in VA

The Honor Roll? It's easier here than in school. Scroll up to "Want to Make Betty Happy?" and be an Honor Roll member.
Go to Top of Page

KnittingKittens
Chatty Knitter

USA
173 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  5:30:36 PM  Show Profile Send KnittingKittens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My vacuum cleaner got fixed and I vacuumed my house. Woo-hoo!
Well, it did make me very happy!
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9712 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  1:26:45 PM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My daughter called and told me she is completely free of a terrible virus, after one year of daily drugs and shots; it's gone, baby, gone. I will knit her sweater and put love in every stitch, both to the powers that be, and to her.

Lella
Zippiknits
Go to Top of Page

Punctuatedknitter
Seriously Hooked

819 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  1:51:53 PM  Show Profile Send Punctuatedknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lella, That is wonderful, wonderful news!
Go to Top of Page

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

699 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  5:07:34 PM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm so happy for you!

Kristina

--kk

Flickr pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kkknitter/
Go to Top of Page

Panhandle Jane
Seriously Hooked

USA
607 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  9:00:55 PM  Show Profile Send Panhandle Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got my spinning wheel Mathilde ready to go and reassembled my lazy kate. I'm ready to start spinning again. I've missed it.

Blog--http:\\www.panhandleknitandsew.blogspot.com
Ravelry--panhandlejane

Go to Top of Page

La galloise
Chatty Knitter

France
162 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2011 :  06:45:27 AM  Show Profile Send La galloise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jane ,
Have fun,I love spinning and as soon as I finish combing this fleece I'll start again.Then to decide what to do with it ,knitting ? though weaving is beckoning !!
Mary

I once had an Irish Wolfhound called Mathilde
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1926 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2011 :  7:03:52 PM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spent some time here on KR today after being away a while and realized, again, how great it is here. Happy New Year to all.

"Each breath really is a new beginning of the rest of our lives." Jon Kabat-Zinn
Go to Top of Page

phlame
Permanent Resident

USA
1559 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2011 :  5:53:31 PM  Show Profile Send phlame a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Minh's Iceland pictures!

Shirley, Dana Point, CA

...To much is not enough!
Go to Top of Page

flicka
Seriously Hooked

878 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2011 :  10:31:07 AM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The power is still on, even though our weather has been the kind that makes trees fall down. Thanks, Puget Sound Energy! Love you!

flicka
Go to Top of Page

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

699 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2011 :  4:27:14 PM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Flicka, I know how you feel. Two years ago we were without power for five days. It was pretty awful to watch the thermostat go down, down.........We camped out in one room infront of the fire place dressed in one piece snow suits.

Kristina

--kk

Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1802 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2011 :  4:51:07 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got four skeins of Madelintosh sock yarn in the mail today, and some warm pajamas! Happy Camper!

Anna
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9712 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2011 :  2:39:48 PM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
kkknitter, Brrr! That's cold - when the ice cream is better off being set outside a window in the snow bank. I think I remember a few days like that in winter in Ohio when I was five. Mom and I were visiting her parents. Fun times for a kid, nightmares for adults.

Today I'm starting the circus socks, made from the left over yarn from socks of the past. Should be fun. It makes me happy.

Lella
Zippiknits
Go to Top of Page

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

699 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2011 :  2:48:56 PM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Post a picture Lella of the finished socks. I'm working on a cable eyelet scarf for my friend Kina who is turning 60 next month. And, I will make a pair of matching hand warmers. I posted the mittens I finished last week in my flickr account. Went to the post office and mailed them today to Vera who will be two next weekend. That made me happy.

Kristina

--kk

Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9712 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2011 :  9:18:20 PM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Will post progress and final pix on flicker. :o) It might be a month or two! hehe

Lella
Zippiknits
Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3461 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2011 :  05:51:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am happy that I made it to New York despite the snow and got lunch with fellow KR members yesterday.
This morning I will be attending a lecture by Clara and I know this will make my day!

http://minkyknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mean Mama
Permanent Resident

USA
1138 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2011 :  4:17:40 PM  Show Profile Send Mean Mama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While the temps may have stayed below zero today, it was sunny and>> we had SQUEAKY white snow on the ground--my favorite!

-- Mean Mama

“Qui vit sans folie,
N’est pas si sage qu’il le croit.”
Go to Top of Page

flicka
Seriously Hooked

878 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  10:39:12 AM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Today's "Writer's Almanac", by Garrison Keillor. Good poem, but keep going and you will find two very compelling adventure stories, summarized so well:

http://writersalmanac.publicradio.org/

If you don't get to it today (February 2) it is easy to go back to previous entries on the site.

Also, Happy Groundhog Day.

flicka
Go to Top of Page

shaggy
Permanent Resident

USA
4126 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  11:09:35 AM  Show Profile Send shaggy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
House Doctor came today, thankyouthankyouthankyou.

shaggy

every dollar makes Betty smile

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by