Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Family / personal / health issues
 Share one thing that made you happy today
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

Jaknit
Seriously Hooked

639 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2010 :  12:27:23 PM  Show Profile Send Jaknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Being able to have a wonderful telephone visit with my daughter and wish her a Happy Birthday today.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3469 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2010 :  5:12:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had so many things waiting for me on the porch: a signed copy of Cookie A's book, some Sundara yarn, and the new issue of IK :) If it snows this weekend, I'll be ready with my knitting!
Go to Top of Page

Punctuatedknitter
Seriously Hooked

819 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2010 :  9:06:51 PM  Show Profile Send Punctuatedknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You all might have heard the phrase "publish or perish" about research careers. I submitted a paper today for peer review. It's still got several steps before I "publish", but it's on the way.
Go to Top of Page

lovethelake
Chatty Knitter

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2010 :  05:56:28 AM  Show Profile Send lovethelake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salutations

Grateful that I have my car back from the repair shop and that it kept me safe on the trip to Ohio.

Can't wait to see my spinning friends today

Be well, happy, safe and peaceful.

Lovethelake
Go to Top of Page

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2049 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2010 :  3:40:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After one year of "looking" at new TVs I stopped at a local store this afternoon. I found the one I want and the store owner marked it down an additional $50.00 from the sales price! Now, with my savings, I can log on to School House Press and buy the book Knitted Lace Designs of Herbert Neibling. I may never knit anything from it but just drooling over the pictures will make me happy. Two happys in one day!

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

Go to Top of Page

knittingrunner
Seriously Hooked

USA
817 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2010 :  8:17:10 PM  Show Profile Send knittingrunner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Saw a colleague I hadn't seen in over a year. Unhurried catching up over dinner and two more days of working together to look forward to.

Run, Bike, Knit, Repeat!
knittingbiker on Ravelry
Go to Top of Page

minh

USA
3469 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2010 :  8:53:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had a delicious serving of tiramisu tonight to start my dinner. Just because I wanted to start with dessert :)
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

766 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  04:52:53 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had to come back here again. My sister always find the best sales.I don't like shopping unless it is yarn. She came to my house the other day with a box and said I saw this and it looked like you. Inside the box was a winter coat. I have been wearing my old coat for about 6 years. The next day it got cold here and I didn't think coats could be this warm. I live in Chicago and its always cold but guess who will not be cold this year. Donna
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1810 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  4:06:31 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We just got back home from a 2 week trip to Rennes, (Fr.) to be with my son and his family: (two wonderful grandsons!!!)
While there, we attended a conference that my son had set up and moderated and written a paper for, and otherwise made happen. It was just excellent, and we are so proud to be the parents of such an amazing man!
(He is a Lecteur de Conference at the University of Rennes in Anglo-Saxon Culture, and Political Science.)

Enough bragging, but it was just wonderful.

Love France, and glad to be back home!

Anna
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9714 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  4:44:23 PM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Two of the kids called. They are going to come here during the holidays. Yippie! We can bake GBM (Ginger Bread Men)together!

This has been a real joy to read, minh. Thank you for starting the topic.
Go to Top of Page

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

699 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  8:42:45 PM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The wood is stacked, a pair of mittens finished and a pair of socks, and we went to our friends art show and bought one of her paintings.

kristina

kk
Go to Top of Page

Panhandle Jane
Seriously Hooked

USA
607 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  02:25:33 AM  Show Profile Send Panhandle Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Going with my grown and married daughter to see Harry Potter.

Blog--http:\\www.panhandleknitandsew.blogspot.com
Ravelry--panhandlejane

Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1810 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  3:39:07 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Decided to stay home for the Holidays.

We feel much better about everything not having to travel again soon!

Anna
Go to Top of Page

minh

USA
3469 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  7:13:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jane, I just saw the movie this weekend on IMAX. Can't believe that part 2 is more than 6 months away!

Years ago when I was in the Socks that Rock Rockin' sock club, I knitted a pair of socks with button-up cuffs. They ended up being too big but now I realize that they're perfect as little footies to wear around the house on top of some thinner socks. Perfect when it's so so so cold!
Go to Top of Page

Consuelo
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
582 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  8:12:35 PM  Show Profile Send Consuelo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Today I went to a fabulous pot luck supper and the carrot cake made me VERY happy, indeed.

Consuelo
"Travel is fatal to prejudice" Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

lovethelake
Chatty Knitter

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  6:30:08 PM  Show Profile Send lovethelake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salutations

I finished and mailed the knitted gifts my mom wanted to give to her 8 friends. She needs to have a knee replacement. So at Thanksgiving I was asked to make her exchange gifts. I said fine, so now my fingers are numb, but she is worth it since she can't get out to shop with her horrific knee. I only requested that next year I get more than two weeks.

Lovethelake
Go to Top of Page

Consuelo
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
582 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  6:33:41 PM  Show Profile Send Consuelo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One more Christmas present finished! WOO HOO!!!!!

Consuelo
"Travel is fatal to prejudice" Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

lovethelake
Chatty Knitter

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2010 :  11:23:21 AM  Show Profile Send lovethelake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
salutations

Ordered yarn to knit scarves for the Special Olympics. Should be quite the knitting marathon, but can't wait to start.

Lovethelake
Go to Top of Page

Luann
Permanent Resident

USA
2678 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2010 :  12:45:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luann's Homepage Send Luann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was cleaning my desk this morning and found a sample bag of holiday tea from Republic of Tea catalog. I don't usually go for flavored teas but this one sounded good so I tried it and it has really put me in the mood to do some Xmas shopping that I have been putting off. It's the Comfort and Joy flavor and I just might go out and buy some!

Luann

Knit and let knit!
http://www.luannocracy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sara Sue
Permanent Resident

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2010 :  1:05:09 PM  Show Profile Send Sara Sue a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Christmas shopping is DONE! DONE! DONE! Did it all in my pajamas sitting at the computer. Amazon and I have developed a close personal relationship. Since I use a wheelchair, this is a wonderful way to shop.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?