Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Family / personal / health issues
 Share one thing that made you happy today
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

lovethelake
Chatty Knitter

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2010 :  06:40:53 AM  Show Profile Send lovethelake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salutations

Finished, felted and blocked my last Christmas scarf.

Be well, happy, safe and peaceful.

Lovethelake
Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3469 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2010 :  6:37:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This American Express commercial with Conan O'Brien cracks me up every time (and not just because he weaves) so yes, it makes me happy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1OLDhVZlKU
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9714 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2010 :  6:46:03 PM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ha! That is a great thing to see! Thanks for sharing it. Hilarious!

Lella
Zippiknits
Go to Top of Page

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2049 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2010 :  6:59:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Today Select Specialty Hospitals told my dear friend's husband and myself that they will be releasing my dear friend Friday or Saturday, to go home! We get the details and answers to any questions we may have, in the morning, when we attend a meeting with the staff. I only wish that I had known about them while my husband was still alive. They perform miracles.

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!
Go to Top of Page

lovethelake
Chatty Knitter

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2010 :  04:55:53 AM  Show Profile Send lovethelake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salutations

So warmed to hear your good news Shalee. Maybe your Heavenly Hubbie has guided this hospital in the healing direction.

Such needed rain today. Of course it happened because I bought a leaf blower yesterday. Will let all Virginians know when I wash my car so they can adjust their plans.

Grateful that I finished two swatches yesterday, and my friends will help me check the gauge today. They are for a sweater and a pea coat, so I must make sure they are correct. But I hate making them. Must learn patience and not be so rash.

Lovethelake
Go to Top of Page

kimkrafty
Permanent Resident

USA
2145 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2010 :  5:46:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit kimkrafty's Homepage Send kimkrafty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My doctor's office said I didn't owe a co-pay.

Kimberly, knitting in VA
http://knittingagain.wordpress.com
previously at http://kimberlyskorner.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

agnesgooch
Gabber Extraordinaire

573 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2010 :  6:07:56 PM  Show Profile Send agnesgooch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's only 22 days until our new African Forest exhibit opens. We have 3 wonderful white rhinos that less than 6 months ago were in Krueger National Park in South Africa. We'll be able to view the giraffes in their brand new spacious barn and adjoining yard. There will also be kudos sharing space with the rhinos and ostriches with the giraffes. We also have ten chimpanzees to entertain us with their antics (my favorite is Willie, with his cheeky grin). Jane Goodall was at the dedication ceremony for the new chimp habitat two weeks ago and I got to hear her speak.
Also, we have a brand new baby okapi that was just born this morning.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24181181@N07/
Go to Top of Page

flicka
Seriously Hooked

882 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2010 :  9:01:26 PM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
agnesgooch, your post made me happy today! What a lot of great acquisitions.

flicka
Go to Top of Page

Punctuatedknitter
Seriously Hooked

819 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2010 :  9:26:57 PM  Show Profile Send Punctuatedknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by agnesgooch

There's only 22 days until our new African Forest exhibit opens. We have 3 wonderful white rhinos that less than 6 months ago were in Krueger National Park in South Africa. We'll be able to view the giraffes in their brand new spacious barn and adjoining yard. There will also be kudos sharing space with the rhinos and ostriches with the giraffes. We also have ten chimpanzees to entertain us with their antics (my favorite is Willie, with his cheeky grin). Jane Goodall was at the dedication ceremony for the new chimp habitat two weeks ago and I got to hear her speak.

That sounds great! Do you mind saying where this exhibit is? I'm sure KR members in the area will want to see it.

My happiness: DH put the audiobooks for the first three Harry Potter novels on my Ipod for me so I can listen to them at work tomorrow. Tomorrow should be a good day too!
Go to Top of Page

agnesgooch
Gabber Extraordinaire

573 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2010 :  02:34:21 AM  Show Profile Send agnesgooch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Punctuatedknitter

quote:
Originally posted by agnesgooch

That sounds great! Do you mind saying where this exhibit is? I'm sure KR members in the area will want to see it.

My happiness: DH put the audiobooks for the first three Harry Potter novels on my Ipod for me so I can listen to them at work tomorrow. Tomorrow should be a good day too!

http://www.houstonzoo.org/africanforest/

Go to Top of Page

knittingrunner
Seriously Hooked

USA
817 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2010 :  08:55:55 AM  Show Profile Send knittingrunner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Beautiful sunny morning today! My schedule was flexible enough that I could exchange a cold, dark frosty bike ride for cyclocross play / practice (w/my sweetie) after the sun came up.

Run, Bike, Knit, Repeat!
knittingbiker on Ravelry
Go to Top of Page

Luann
Permanent Resident

USA
2678 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2010 :  09:06:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luann's Homepage Send Luann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Watching my mom read to Little Luann, who has barely left her side since she arrived last night.

Luann

Knit and let knit!
http://www.luannocracy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Consuelo
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
582 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2010 :  11:36:56 AM  Show Profile Send Consuelo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sunshine! John Denver had it right: "Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy..."

Also, DH is out for the day. Don't get me wrong, we have a great time together but since retirement we both enjoy an occasional day without the other.

Consuelo
"Travel is fatal to prejudice" Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9714 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2010 :  11:12:35 PM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yay! The little Winter Wren came back into the yard yesterday. She had been gone since the last gusty rain storm passed through here.

She's so tiny and cute and perky that it's not possible to stay sad when she is around.

Lella
Zippiknits
Go to Top of Page

lovethelake
Chatty Knitter

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2010 :  04:22:34 AM  Show Profile Send lovethelake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salutations

So happy that I am starting a new project. Am having a fit trying to figure out the gauge, but a buddy suggested I make the matching (separate) cowl and see how that turns out. Brilliant!

Lovethelake
Go to Top of Page

margeaa
Chatty Knitter

USA
318 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2010 :  3:41:42 PM  Show Profile Send margeaa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Met my best friend at a Craft Show and we spent the whole day looking at beautiful work made by all kinds of crafters. There were several knitters at the show. They're showing lots of cowls and scarves and hats and gloves and necklaces. Got a lot of ideas! My friend and I used to do this all the time when we were younger...it felt good to do it again with her. Came home tired out...and my husband is making dinner! What a great day!!!

Marge
Go to Top of Page

Luann
Permanent Resident

USA
2678 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2010 :  3:44:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luann's Homepage Send Luann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Came home from running errands to discover that my mom had chopped and prepped everything for tonight's dinner! I could get used to this...

Luann

Knit and let knit!
http://www.luannocracy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Jardinier
Chatty Knitter

USA
216 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2010 :  03:01:46 AM  Show Profile Send Jardinier a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Coming home to two inches of snow - love it!!

~Priscilla~

Every skilled woman spun with her hands & brought what she had spun - blue, purple or scarlet yarn or fine linen. And all the women who were willing & had the skill spun goat hair.....Exodus 35:25 - 26
Go to Top of Page

Coolj
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2010 :  06:12:26 AM  Show Profile Send Coolj a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Whew! My dream that a good friend was being mean to me wasn't true.
Juanita
Go to Top of Page

flicka
Seriously Hooked

882 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2010 :  10:42:28 AM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We got our first dusting of snow this morning (Seattle area) and I tried my YakTrax for the first time. They worked! I walked confidently and didn't slip or slide at all. Here is a link to a newspaper story about them:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/pacificnw/2008680296_pacificportrait01.html

(I have no affiliation with the company, etc.)

flicka
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.59 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.