Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Family / personal / health issues
 Share one thing that made you happy today
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

Gibson Girl
Chatty Knitter

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  11:34:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Gibson Girl's Homepage Send Gibson Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm busy getting ready for a painting exhibition in mid November and I finally got everyting finished that I'd planned to do. In addition to the paintings, and because of this dreadful economy I've created 30 small accordian style books that I can sell inexpensively. I was able to use up odds and ends of yarn to tie each book. When I look at them all lined up it made me smile....and the stash is slightly smaller!!!
Go to Top of Page

dms18
New Pal

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  12:19:49 PM  Show Profile Send dms18 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I finished a sweater today. The swearer is knitted, ends all weaved in and seams all sewn together. The best part is that it fits! I am very excited to wear my completed sweater with pride. It makes me happy that after a few months of knitting that my project is completed and it turned out exquisite.
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4157 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  12:53:30 PM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Today is the one year anniversary of adopting our crazy dog Pilot (part Basset, part Dachshund, part German Shepherd and 55 pounds of love and energy). It makes me happy that he is as happy with us as we are with him!

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knitanyfan
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  1:28:32 PM  Show Profile Send knitanyfan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Today I learned how to darn a hand knit sock. So, I am wearing today my favorite socks that previously had a hole in the heel.
Go to Top of Page

MargieR
New Pal

48 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  1:36:58 PM  Show Profile Send MargieR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I danced today, maybe not as well as I would have liked, but it always makes me happy to dance. I'm looking forward to my competition at Ohio Star Ball and happy about that also.

"If there was a military solution to terrorism, Israel would be the safest nation on earth." Bill Maher
Go to Top of Page

Ltmagenta4@aol.com
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  1:58:16 PM  Show Profile Send Ltmagenta4@aol.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love British mysteries & today I discovered a whole bunch of them on DVD while library-hopping with my daughter!
Go to Top of Page

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  2:40:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I always smile when BD shows up unexpectedly at my office. Today he was in town getting a haircut and popped in. That's a guaranteed smile.

Bess
http://likethequeen2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

singfasola
New Pal

10 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  4:48:10 PM  Show Profile Send singfasola a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Today my son called to say he'd be getting his BA in June. He is incredibly talented in his chosen major. He's 32, returned to school several years ago, finished two years at a community college and then stepped up to a 4-yr university. He called me because the Dean of his school, and every faculty member, have OFFERED to write job recommendations for him, and the professor that directed his major is directly arranging interviews for him. He's happy (that's an understatement!) so I'm happy!!
Go to Top of Page

aviva
New Pal

18 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  5:09:28 PM  Show Profile Send aviva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After 5 straight nights of flossing without a fuss, my son earned a treat of gummy candy. His face when he got it made me happy.
Go to Top of Page

akmtngrl
New Pal

10 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  5:14:02 PM  Show Profile Send akmtngrl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Today I got to teach my first Beginning Knitting class, and although there was only one student, she was very happy to be playing with yarn. And then there was yesterday, my Techniques knitting class, in which I have 13 students (11 yesterday), where everyone is happily learning new things. Yes, teaching knitting makes me happy.

Gail in Fairbanks
Go to Top of Page

ceddy
New Pal

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  5:26:13 PM  Show Profile Send ceddy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Today the happiness continued all day. When I got home there was a surprise package from Woolgirl in honor of my special day. Dinner with my friend was giggly fun. We chatted about all sorts of things and had a great time. Made plans to repeat soon as now I owe her dinner:>)

Today was a good day!
Go to Top of Page

alicerose58
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  7:44:10 PM  Show Profile Send alicerose58 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I fell flat on my face today going out to take a walk (to keep in shape), but only bruised my hands and knees and scraped my chin. Could have been worse ;-)
Go to Top of Page

hillstreetmama
Permanent Resident

USA
3448 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  03:35:42 AM  Show Profile Send hillstreetmama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got to see my 16 month old grandson yesterday. The last few times I saw him, it took awhile for him to warm up to me. Yesterday, I held out my arms and said, "Come to grandma?", and he ran to me! At the end of the visit, he didn't want me to leave. Awwww.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

lovethelake
Chatty Knitter

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  04:17:55 AM  Show Profile Send lovethelake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salutations

Grateful that Alice just has a few bumps only.

Was able to work on my unfinished projects. Made a huge dent on them. Still more to go, but will forge on with them.

Had a wonderful conversation with a friend.

Made wonderfully warming bean soup that was comforting on these chilly rainy days

Be well, happy, safe and peaceful.

Lovethelake
Go to Top of Page

DebbiOH
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
525 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  04:48:48 AM  Show Profile Send DebbiOH a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It made me happy today to know that when the phone rings it will most likely be family or a good friend instead of a canned political message.
ps Nancy....we have 2 rescue dogs too. They were work in the beginning but have settled into the family nicely.

~Debbi~NW Ohio
Go to Top of Page

marnag@sbcglobal.net
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  06:29:42 AM  Show Profile Send marnag@sbcglobal.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm happy that every morning I get up, my two-week-old surgically restored hearing is a little clearer and better.

Marna (CT)
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Henke
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  06:54:44 AM  Show Profile Send Cindy Henke a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After two tries, my second pair of French Press slippers finally fit my daughter!!
Go to Top of Page

joycet
Warming Up

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  07:52:17 AM  Show Profile Send joycet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am happy that it's Frday as I am so looking forward to working on some projects around the house this weekend! :-)
Go to Top of Page

jgetha
New Pal

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  08:50:39 AM  Show Profile Send jgetha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't often post here, but I had to answer this one.
TODAY I am happy because I finished a "glomitt" for my son. I'm going to be teaching a mitten/glomitt class, and I had to get a sample ready. Yay, that's done.

I am also very happy because my father, who is well into his 70's, is coming to see us for Thanksgiving. He lives in south Texas, and we go see him every couple of years (although I really dislike where he lives). He has NEVER been to Colorado to visit us, in the 15 years we have lived here. I am so happy he's coming. My son is a Senior in high school and Dad is coming to attend his schools' Grandparents Day. Happy dance!
Joy
Go to Top of Page

luvstoknit
New Pal

8 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  12:36:19 PM  Show Profile Send luvstoknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eating lunch with one of my grandsons today at G'parents Day!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.58 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?