Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Family / personal / health issues
 Share one thing that made you happy today
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3469 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  6:16:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought that with the holiday season almost upon us (with stress galore!), it would be nice to start this thread again. So go ahead and share one thing (or more!) that made you happy today :)

Today, I discovered a new place to have lunch near work -- affordable and the menu had many different dishes that appeal to both DH and me (I got a yummy vegetable couscous, he got pasta with mushrooms, sausage, and chicken). Little things like that are nice surprises :)

Cheerleader9
Permanent Resident

USA
1563 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  7:03:22 PM  Show Profile Send Cheerleader9 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thoughts of no more negative political ads and recorded messages really make me happy today! Anyone else agree?

Barb in AZ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cheerleader9
http://www.ravelry.com/people/Cheerleader9
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1810 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  7:10:44 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dear Minh, I love this thread.

Today when voting, I looked around for the elderly, kinda crotchety guy who is part of the voting judge team. He has always been there, (20 + years of voting), and we always give each other a grin when I leave. Where was he? I was really upset, and finally asked someone at the end of the line, stumbling about with, "you know, the tall, elderly gentleman who kinda frowns but is really nice"--or some other goofy attempts at identification, fearing he might have passed away.
Anyway, as I finish speaking, and my face is blushing, in he comes, shuffling sturdily, in from the rest room!
It was a happy moment, and we grinnned.
Anna
Go to Top of Page

lovethelake
Chatty Knitter

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  03:15:25 AM  Show Profile Send lovethelake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salutations

Wonderful thread. Since it is 6 AM, I will reflect on yesterday. Though I am grateful for my coffee.

I am so grateful for the fun I had yesterday with a group of spinning friends.

Be well, happy, safe and peaceful.

Lovethelake
Go to Top of Page

anderknit
Permanent Resident

USA
2606 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  03:41:17 AM  Show Profile Send anderknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I said last night around our dinner table, I am thankful for the care that my mother is getting as we are dealing with her end-stage dementia.

Aside: I know it's hokey, but every night for years and years, before we begin dinner, each member of my family says one thing each is thankful for that day. Some really bad days it's actually hard to think of something, but we each do.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "
Go to Top of Page

Sara Sue
Permanent Resident

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  05:37:30 AM  Show Profile Send Sara Sue a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My son and DIL are coming this weekend and that's happy but the really happy part is they're bringing my 1 month old grandson!!! I haven't seen him since he was born and I get to hold and hug him all weekend.
Go to Top of Page

Lanea
Permanent Resident

USA
5194 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  06:31:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lanea's Homepage Send Lanea a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm thankful for the gorgeous fall color, and the chance to wear lots of hand-knits as the weather cools. And I'm thankful that a monthly work meeting was canceled yesterday, which saved me lots of schlepping around the city.

See proof of insanity: http://crazylanea.com/
Read my audiobook reviews: http://booksforears.com/
Buy handmade sock knitting bags: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5031570
Join the KR Webring: http://www.crazylanea.com/fiberarts/2006/07/the_knitters_re.html
Go to Top of Page

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2049 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  06:42:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My husband used to laugh at me because the simplest things or finds excite me so much. A find at a yard sale for a quarter can put the biggest grin on my face.

Just last Sunday, while at my friends house, I saw an Altoids tin. I looked at her and said "Donna, you have something I covet." I told her, she laughed and gave it to me! I carry a tin with a couple of cough drops, some Advil and Tums in it. The problem is/was that it wasn't quite big enough. Wow! Now I have the perfect size and it will fit in my pocket when I am not carrying my purse! Then, I thought, that would hold my small knitting supplies, so now I will be watching at the store for another Altoid tin with the flavor I like! Then as we were talking, another case type item came to our attention, that could be used for a completely different application. She had several just sitting in her junk box. Now we are both excited that she had them and we found a use for her "junk".

It doesn't take much to make me happy!

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

766 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  08:33:40 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Today I was at the doctors office early. I was sitting outside his office in a chair when this lady come up with the biggest smile on her face and said. I made her day I made her think of her mother who used to knit. She sat next to me not saying a word. When she was ready to leave she smile and thank me for the memory. I told we knitter stick together. She didn't know she made my day. Donna
Go to Top of Page

Shelia
Permanent Resident

USA
2367 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  09:37:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shelia's Homepage Send Shelia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Going to the dentist for a cleaning and not needing anything else done. Yeah!

Shelia
www.letstalkstash.blogspot.com
ravelry name - sheliaknits
Go to Top of Page

slaggyc
Permanent Resident

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  10:23:36 AM  Show Profile Send slaggyc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Definitely the gorgeous day outside and also watching my Lucy dress up in her dress up clothes and dance!

Slaggyc

http://wheresmyverve.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/slaggyc/
Go to Top of Page

Luann
Permanent Resident

USA
2678 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  11:37:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luann's Homepage Send Luann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I totally indulged myself today. Mr. Luann left for a business trip at the crack of dawn. After I dropped Little Luann off at daycare I made a beeline for Nordstrom. I have been waiting for months for their half-yearly sale. I bought shoes and jeans for LL, two outfits for my niece (we celebrate her birthday at Thanksgiving), two pairs of shoes and some tops for me ALL on sale. I even had a gift card to spend. Plus it was Clinique free bonus time and I was out of moisturizer, so I got a fun bag of goodies. Then I went to the Cheesecake Factory and had a nice long lunch all alone. Brought my dessert home to have after Little Luann is in bed tonight. I haven't gone out shopping in a long, long time and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Knit and let knit!
http://www.luannocracy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Panhandle Jane
Seriously Hooked

USA
607 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  5:57:57 PM  Show Profile Send Panhandle Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I spent most of the day with my three granddaughters, 3, 3, and 7, and my daughter.

Blog--http:\\www.panhandleknitandsew.blogspot.com
Ravelry--panhandlejane

Go to Top of Page

jreiz
New Pal

Canada
15 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  9:59:09 PM  Show Profile Send jreiz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I could listen while my girlfriend tried to compose a message to her children's absentee father, explaining (again) why his on-again, off-again behaviour has created barriers between him and the teens ... and then we cried when we read what the 18-yr-old had written as an open letter to the father. She has done a wonderful job of raising two great human beings.
Go to Top of Page

celia
Permanent Resident

Australia
2454 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  10:09:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit celia's Homepage Send celia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi!!! I see lots of new faces and some old ones here.. hi Minh!!! I haven't posted here for a while.

Let's see, one thing that made me happy today was that I got to meet someone new when I went to deliver her yarn order. She works at a yarn store just 2 suburbs away from me. We got to chat for a while. Always nice to meet new people.

Another thing that made me happy was coming back to KR and seeing some names I remember from a few years ago.

Read my blog, or buy my handdyed yarn and handmade stitchmarkers.
Go to Top of Page

FluffyKnitterDeb
New Pal

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  11:30:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit FluffyKnitterDeb's Homepage Send FluffyKnitterDeb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My BFF told me that she loves me :)

Fluffy Knitters are well rounded :)
Read my blog at http://fluffyknitterdeb.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lelani
Permanent Resident

USA
2005 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  12:53:04 AM  Show Profile Send Lelani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am thankful today being single, living alone now with my cat and knitting, knitting, and more knitting!!!!!

Lelani

"I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today." White
Go to Top of Page

lovethelake
Chatty Knitter

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  05:32:36 AM  Show Profile Send lovethelake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salutations,

Wow Lelani you have spoken my thoughts, except that I have two dogs.

Grateful that I do not have an infection after sticking my fingers with felting needles.

Grateful for the peace that sitting in my rocking chair and listening to the rain brings.

Grateful for giggles

Be well, happy, safe and peaceful.

Lovethelake
Go to Top of Page

yarnwarrior
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  05:35:07 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnwarrior a Yahoo! Message Send yarnwarrior a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My husband has been seriously depressed for many months. Today, I saw him smile at our dogs as he gave them their daily treat; his first real smile in weeks. That was my treat.[:)

B. T. Williams
Go to Top of Page

gma
New Pal

4 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  05:54:45 AM  Show Profile Send gma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's a bit early in the morning -- and it is gray and raining... but here is something going around I just watched, about the power of hope and music:

The oldest Holocaust survivor

For those who love music.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AliceTheFilm
Go to Top of Page

One Stitch at a Time
Chatty Knitter

300 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  05:58:36 AM  Show Profile Send One Stitch at a Time a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We adopted a rescue dog who had a very traumatic life and as a result is either very fearful or aggressive depending on the situation. Last night we brought her to a Dog Game Night program and by the middle of the evening she was smiling and engaged in the activities. I was so happy to see her potential. She has a long way to go, but I have hope now that she'll get there.

Nanci
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.92 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.