Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Talk about books reviewed in Knitter's Review
 Katharine Cobey
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2010 :  7:15:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For Katharine Cobey fans, rumors about her diagonal knitting book have been as rampant and persistent as the rumors about a re-release of Principles of Knitting. Well, the time has finally come - and here's a look at Katharine's long-awaited and aptly titled Diagonal Knitting.

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2010 :  02:45:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This was my birthday present to me and I pre-ordered it from SHP, perhaps in gratitude to them for taking a stand and publishing something so important, even if also, so esoteric. Believe me, I'm glad there are cheap on-line sources for books, and I am often a customer, but sometimes I just have to use my purchasing dollars to say Thank-You. I've been such a fan of Cobey for so long - almost as long as I've been one of EZ's acolytes. How right you are to harness them together. And how glad I am Cobey tackled diagonal knitting, since I've long wanted to delve deeper into it's intricacies and possibilities. This is an important addition to our knitting libraries. Glad you picked this to review it.

Bess
http://likethequeen2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

pjkite
Permanent Resident

1198 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2010 :  03:43:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit pjkite's Homepage  Send pjkite a Yahoo! Message Send pjkite a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been waiting for this one, too. I'm not a fan of knitting pattern books, but rather of knitting design books - and this one is an ideal addition to my library!

Pamela Kite
East Tennessee
http://fiberlife.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Kade1301
Permanent Resident

France
1438 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2010 :  09:48:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kade1301's Homepage Send Kade1301 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds really interesting - now if only one of the European Amazons would sell it... (I prefer to spend my money on books rather than postage...)

Bye, Klara

http://www.lahottee.info
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1804 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2010 :  4:26:05 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have read about Katharine Cobey in Interweave Knits, and at Schoolhouse Press, and she has always excited my interest!
I remember the Alzheimer's piece, I think from IK, and it is deeply moving.

And I agree that buying from Schoolhouse Press helps support an irreplaceable resource!

I look forward to reading the book!

Anna
Go to Top of Page

katiebird
New Pal

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2010 :  05:58:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit katiebird's Homepage Send katiebird a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This sounds like a very interesting book. I just requested that my local library purchase it. (I'm trying to keep my personal book addiction in check by not purchasing any physical books - only ebooks - this year)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe