Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitterly Happenings and Events
 Rhinebeck!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Amarula
Chatty Knitter

215 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  07:43:35 AM  Show Profile Send Amarula a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't believe no one's posted about this yet - but Rhinebeck is next weekend! Who's going to be there?!

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4390 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  07:58:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am, along with my usual pack of friends - Judy and the Remarkable R's! I just posted our work schedule for the coming week, and it's so nice to see the word "off" next to my name for Sat and Sun!

Jane

Betty deserves a nice birthday present: Make a Donation
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: My Flickr Album
Go to Top of Page

dothead
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
542 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  11:10:56 AM  Show Profile Send dothead a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be there on Saturday with 3 of my neighbors.

Vicki, the Constant Lurker(who sometimes stops lurking and actually posts)
Go to Top of Page

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2046 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  2:34:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was supposed to go, but haven't heard from the group as to where and when we are to meet up. Might just be sitting at home, saving lots of money!

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!
Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3463 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  5:17:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Please take lots of pictures for me! I'm hoping to make it next year (it would be my first Rhinebeck).

http://minkyknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

thdx3
Seriously Hooked

694 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  7:22:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit thdx3's Homepage Send thdx3 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be there Saturday and part of Sunday (I'll look for you Vicki!)

off jumps jack
Go to Top of Page

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2046 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  7:31:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just found out our group is not going. Now I will look forward to the Maryland Sheep & Wool Fest.

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!
Go to Top of Page

mathiemom
Chatty Knitter

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  5:00:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit mathiemom's Homepage Send mathiemom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Minh, maybe we can go together next year. I've never been to Rhinebeck, either. Between Stitches East and the KR Retreat (as well as the shopping opportunities at both), my knitting budget is pretty much spoken for this year.

So . . . next year in Rhinebeck?

Wendy
Go to Top of Page

minh

USA
3463 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  6:50:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wendy, sounds like a plan! :)

http://minkyknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

NutmegOwl
Gabber Extraordinaire

581 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2010 :  07:32:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit NutmegOwl's Homepage Send NutmegOwl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wendy and Minh - we can have a regular meet-up with the gang. By then, I ought to have a sitter ;)

-----
Nutmeg Owl
Quaecumque sunt vera
http://www.owlwaysknitting.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LynnM
Warming Up

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2010 :  12:54:48 PM  Show Profile Send LynnM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be there on Sunday with three friends. Crossing fingers for a sunny day!
Go to Top of Page

One Stitch at a Time
Chatty Knitter

297 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2010 :  2:13:13 PM  Show Profile Send One Stitch at a Time a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nutmeg Owl, Minh and Wendy,
Due to "life happening when I was making other(Rhinebeck)plans" (to paraphrase John Lennon), my first Rhinebeck experience will also, hopefully be in 2011.

I'll start looking forward to meeting up with you all!

Nanci

Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2010 :  07:08:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be there both days - just look for the woman with her nose buried deep in a skein of yarn. (Which describes, what, 75% of the attendees? The other 25% being men with their noses buried deep in a skein of yarn.)

(And I pulled those percentages out of thin air, perhaps we'll be lucky and have a broader gender split this year.)

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

Luann
Permanent Resident

USA
2671 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2010 :  10:21:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luann's Homepage Send Luann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can I join the party in 2011 too? It is a fond dream of mine to one day attend this festival of festivals.

Luann

Knit and let knit!
http://www.luannocracy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kipster
Seriously Hooked

737 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2010 :  3:20:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kipster's Homepage Send Kipster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd been planning on going this year--even had a hotel room booked --but, things changed and I'm not going. It's OK--really, it is. I'm certainly not yarn deprived these days. Between the Retreat and the detour we'll be making to WEBS, there will be plenty of yarn in my life. And I won't even mention the Shelter yarn I've been buying and all the Wollmeise I bought from a knitting friend. . .

Have fun, everybody! Next year, for sure, I'll be there!

Mary
http://snitnknit.blogspot.com/

Ravelry: McMary
Go to Top of Page

Marie
Chatty Knitter

347 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2010 :  7:24:33 PM  Show Profile Send Marie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Mary--Noticed on your blog that you bought some Shelter in Almanac to make the Wayfarer scarf, which is exactly what I did. How did you think the dark blue worked with the pattern? I'm not sure about it--wondering what you think the Almanac would work better as, or do you think it would show that meandering ribbing okay?

Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted. ~John Lennon
Go to Top of Page

minh

USA
3463 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2010 :  08:48:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We want pictures, stories, and purchases! Please...
Go to Top of Page

Marie
Chatty Knitter

347 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2010 :  5:33:50 PM  Show Profile Send Marie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What Minh said...and "purchases" may include cheeses, maple confections and non-knitting items (my daughter was upset that I didn't go this year for her usual "haul" of good eats...especially the cotton candy)...

Go to Top of Page

knitree
Seriously Hooked

688 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2010 :  8:15:35 PM  Show Profile Send knitree a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Marie - My daughter was disappointed for the same reason. She loves to eat her way through the festival. Really, she barely looks at the yarn! I bet everyone had a beautiful day Sunday (not so sure how the weather was on Saturday). Maybe next year we should have a big meet-up!?!

Tree
Taking simple patterns and complicating them...
Go to Top of Page

Marie
Chatty Knitter

347 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2010 :  4:59:34 PM  Show Profile Send Marie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know, Tree, they are awfully quiet about their purchases...what can that mean??

Go to Top of Page

Kipster
Seriously Hooked

737 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2010 :  5:31:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kipster's Homepage Send Kipster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I already booked a hotel room for 2011! Counting the days. LOL!

Mary
http://snitnknit.blogspot.com/

Ravelry: McMary
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.89 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth