Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Talk about yarns reviewed in Knitter's Review
 Plymouth brushed baby alpaca
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

terpsfan
Warming Up

65 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2010 :  10:17:22 AM  Show Profile Send terpsfan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know this yarn was reviewed a while back, but I just got around to trying it (thanks to a WEBS sale) in a free Berroco pattern called Nimbus. All I have to say is Clara knows best! This stuff is fabulous when you want to knit a warm sweater in a very bulky gauge while still producing a garment that is not stiff and heavy. This is a light as mohair but more drapey and cuddly. What a find!

terpsfan
Warming Up

65 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2010 :  04:27:43 AM  Show Profile Send terpsfan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finally posted a photo of my Nimbus on my Ravelry project page. You can see it by searching Nimbus projects (my version is called Featherweight Nimbus) or looking for me under people as kdwisni -- I couldn't come up with a cute username the day I got my Ravelry account. Have now ordered this yarn in three other colors since Plymouth discontinued the paint version. I try to keep my stash small, but this yarn is extraordinary.
Go to Top of Page

Punctuatedknitter
Seriously Hooked

819 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2010 :  3:15:11 PM  Show Profile Send Punctuatedknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gorgeous! And the colors are so flattering too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe