Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 This summer I would like to (fill in)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3464 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  3:25:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you're in the southern hemisphere, you can play along with "this winter I would like to..."

What knitting projects would you like to tackle this summer? Something brand new? Something you neglected? Something familiar?

I would like to finish the cotton top I started three years ago and that only needs finishing. I would like to knit a cardigan for myself, something in a wool blend that I could wear in the fall and something nice enough that I am OK wearing it outside the house.

And if there is extra time, I would like to make a dent in my sock stash :)

http://minkyknits.blogspot.com

Sara Sue
Permanent Resident

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  3:30:42 PM  Show Profile Send Sara Sue a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to finish the planned baby knitting before the baby arrives in Sept. Doubtful if I will do so, so I'm really concentrating on a couple of things - a blanket, a toy, a matinee jacket. I've done 2 bonnets and gave them to mom-to-be for mother's day along with a special gift for her. The knitted baby toy is going to be for my son (along with a special gift for him) on father's day.
Go to Top of Page

hillstreetmama
Permanent Resident

USA
3448 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  3:35:00 PM  Show Profile Send hillstreetmama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I want to finish a cardigan that I started almost 2 years ago - it's 95% done, I just need to DO it.

I want to finish a Hugs and Kisses sweater for my grandson's first birthday.

I want send my last daughter off to college in Chicago, so I have an excuse to go visit her (and shop, etc).

Jan
Go to Top of Page

Milinda
Permanent Resident

USA
3817 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  4:15:18 PM  Show Profile Send Milinda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I want to finish my Christmas presents early so I can make something in lace for myself at my leisure.

M L
Go to Top of Page

Gelliott
Seriously Hooked

USA
911 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  7:59:34 PM  Show Profile Send Gelliott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I want to think about Christmas gifts and START them!
I would like to tackle an elaborate fair-isle sweater (maybe even with steeks??)
Finish at least half of my (20+) UFOs.
(This is actually a feasible list, given that I have a teacher's summer vacation!)

Gelliott
Go to Top of Page

flicka
Seriously Hooked

879 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  9:07:36 PM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This summer I would like to start and complete a linen skirt for myself. And wear it.

flicka
Go to Top of Page

2totangle
Permanent Resident

1212 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2010 :  08:01:44 AM  Show Profile Send 2totangle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will knit down my queue before buying more yarn. I will knit down my queue before buying more yarn. I will knit down my queue before buying more yarn. I will knit down my queue before buying more yarn. I will knit down my queue before buying more yarn. I will knit down my queue before buying more yarn. I will knit down my queue before buying more yarn. I will knit down my queue before buying more yarn. I will knit down my queue before buying more yarn. I will knit down my queue before buying more yarn...

Suzanne

Flickr pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2totangle/
Ravelry project page: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/2totangle

"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats." Lemony Snicket, The Wide Window
Go to Top of Page

dothead
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
543 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2010 :  08:25:43 AM  Show Profile Send dothead a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to rekindle my relationship with my New Beginnings project from the last retreat. The spark went out of the romance between me and my morning glory wrap.

I am going to have to enforce the 10 minute rule soon.

Vicki, the Constant Lurker(who sometimes stops lurking and actually posts)
Go to Top of Page

Consuelo
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
582 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2010 :  12:17:58 PM  Show Profile Send Consuelo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This summer I would like to finish the blanket I said would be finished by now (it's about 97% done). I would also like to start on my private KAL with my girlfriend who just started knitting again after a 30+ year absence. She's on her way and I need to catch up, we're doing a very simple-all-in-one-flat-piece cardigan with just seams up the sides and sleeves. I would also like to be about half done with a the Christmas father and son sweaters for my son and grandson. That's it, folks. I have a lot of company coming this summer as well as teaching so that's all I can hope to get done.

Consuelo
"Travel is fatal to prejudice" Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

Luann
Permanent Resident

USA
2673 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2010 :  2:13:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luann's Homepage Send Luann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This summer I would like to spin on my spindle! I joined Team Superfleece for the Tour de Fleece over at Ravelry as motivation. And of course I have too many knitting projects in the queue to even think about, but I hope to knit the Tilli Thomas shawl kit I won from kpixie.com a few months ago.

Luann

Knit and let knit!
http://www.luannocracy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4166 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2010 :  2:37:10 PM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What Suzanne said (should we start a support group?).

Plus spin the fleece from my alpacas!

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2010 :  11:21:13 PM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great to see you looking at things to knit is Summer. I am in the Southern Hemisphere so when you knitters are all talking cosy warm Christmas pressies, we are sweltering and would no more knit scarves and hats for Christmas presents than fly to the moon. I am always looking for things to knit that have a summer flavour to them. Meanwhile we are now facing Winter so I would like to get back into a jumper I was knitting last winter for myself and also get cracking on one for my husband. I do not tend to have a lot of UFOs. There is one cotton cardigan I was knitting when arthritis became very bad in my left hand. Cotton is very hard to knit with arthritis in your hand as cotton does not give the way other fibres do. One day I will try it again and see what happens. But before I get back to the jumpers I have to finish 5 more squares for a cat blanket I am making. I am using three strands of 8 ply (double knitting - would you call that six times knitting?) and knitting on 4 mm needles so it is thick and strong. I wanted to knit it for my son's cat who is very special to me.
By the way, one excellent summer project I invented is a steering wheel cover. You knit it in cotton (arthritis was OK that day) and in garter stitch so it is not smooth. Measure round the outside circumference of the steering wheel and around the thickness of the wheel. Check tension and cast on enough stitches to almost go round the thickness and then knit long enough to almost go round the outer circumference. Make it smaller than the actual measurements so it is tight and will not slip. You will have to sew it in place. It is brilliant!. No more burning your fingers on a hot steering wheel even in temperatures of 42 degrees Selsius (108 Degrees fahrenheit)
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4390 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2010 :  03:25:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a great toipc, Minh! I'd like to keep spinning, which the Woolalong has motivated me to do ( though I'm still working on my Targhee from April!). I'm also in the final stages of a sweater, which is the project I pick up when I'm not obsessed with something else. I do hope to make more gifts this year, but summer is my busiest time at work so I'm not sure when that will happen.

Most of all, I'd like to enjoy what I'm knitting, play with yarn, and make knitting my no-stress zone!

Jane

Betty needs a warm hat: Support KR
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: My Flickr Album
Go to Top of Page

stherio
New Pal

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2010 :  04:06:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit stherio's Homepage Send stherio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I always PLAN to start my Christmas projects and get them finished over the summer - you know, knit in the car on trips, knit at the airport, knit on vacation, etc. And every Christmas Eve I'm finishing up something at midnight!!!!

Suzy
Go to Top of Page

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2010 :  04:20:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am going to finish a cotton top - and try to never start another one as long as I live!

Bess
http://likethequeen.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruthmel1
New Pal

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2010 :  04:40:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit ruthmel1's Homepage Send ruthmel1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I want to knit a lace shawl of some sort, plus I have some sirdar Bamboo which was in a sale so I want to knit a jacket. Then I have the 'tilted duster' jacket from I.K to knit ,plus hubby is nagging for more socks!!! phew

Black Cat Fibres
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5037783
http://soxandcinders.blogspot.com/
find me on Ravelry as Cinders
Go to Top of Page

Marysue
New Pal

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2010 :  04:44:42 AM  Show Profile Send Marysue a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This summer I would like to ... relearn to spin. After 25 yrs of not spinning I want to relearn the skill.
Go to Top of Page

dyepot
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2010 :  05:37:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit dyepot's Homepage  Send dyepot a Yahoo! Message Send dyepot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like to draft out an aran cardigan for myself (size ample) and get started on that. But first I have to finish the cotton ribbon tank top I'm working on.

www.dyepot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2010 :  05:53:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm...I have UFOs I'd clearly like to finish -- the first of which is a "Celebrate Spring" shawl I began in a KAL last year -- and got to Part 6 of a pattern total of 7. :-)

TLWKOTB
http://knitsonthebus.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

di24kk9s@wexfordgold.com
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2010 :  06:32:07 AM  Show Profile Send di24kk9s@wexfordgold.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's Sox in the City for me this summer.
Go to Top of Page

njzube@aol.com
New Pal

25 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2010 :  06:51:06 AM  Show Profile Send njzube@aol.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to get into knitting a lacy scarf, knit more socks, and especially put 6 hours into finishing a huge queen white-on-white quilted (quilt) that I've been working on for 12 years! I love this forum and enjoy reading even when I don't contribute! Jeanne
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.77 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?