Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Machine Talk
 Bulky or Chunky Machines
 Sutdio 150 and 360
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kcsmimi
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  11:56:36 AM  Show Profile Send kcsmimi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have recently been given these machines and have the manuals to go with them. The manuals are somewhat helpful. I have been playing around with one machine and have also been watching you tube videos to gain my confidence. I have always hand knit and will be testing the water on the machines. I am using light weight baby yarn, this seems ok. I haven't tried any patterms or garments yet, maybe a scarf would be a good start? Any sugestions?
kcsmimi

Bernie
Chatty Knitter

Canada
115 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2010 :  01:53:06 AM  Show Profile Send Bernie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi: Those are both good machines. Baby weight yarn (fingering weight) is good on the 360. On the 150 you can use sport weight and worsted weight yarn. Be sure to check the sponge bar (also known as needle retainer bar) if it is flat it should be changed immediately. The only reference to it in the manual is near the back where it tells you how to change a damaged needle.
It doesn't matter what you start with, get to know the machine and have fun. It is definitely a learning experience which like anything else takes practice.
Go to Top of Page

ajabaja
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2011 :  08:43:37 AM  Show Profile Send ajabaja a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello! 150 you say, is that a Singer SB 150?
You see, Ive just bought this model, but cannot find a manual anywhere. If you could help me I will be very, very happy!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe