Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Knitting Olympics!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2010 :  12:07:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are you doing it where you live? If so, what is your project?

Mine is a Cowichan cardigan, with graphic designs all over it that I designed myself (except for the bison that will go on the front; not quite there yet!).

I take a progress photo at the end of each day's knitting, and write down how far I got. No time to post all of this at my web site (yet!); I'm too busy knitting!

Ceil

Time is never a factor when joy is involved.

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4377 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2010 :  04:28:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm in the Knitting Olympics while participating in Clara's February Woolalong. With my luscious skeins of Bijou Spun Cormo Yak I've finished a Porom hat and I'm working on a cowl using the same rib lace stitch. Did you sign up over at Stephanie's blog? There'll be a medal and everything!

Jane

Betty needs a warm hat: Support KR
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: My Flickr Album
Go to Top of Page

PBELKNAP
Permanent Resident

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2010 :  11:13:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit PBELKNAP's Homepage Send PBELKNAP a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm making a vest for the Afghans for Afghans Youth Campaign. Their deadline and the Ravelympics tied together nicely!

WIP = Socks (k), Ladybug Afghan (c).

Done this year: Sheep-Go-Round Sweater (k)

Twitter Name = WildKnitter

If I could only do this for a living...
Go to Top of Page

kadiddly
Permanent Resident

USA
3076 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2010 :  5:01:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit kadiddly's Homepage  Send kadiddly a Yahoo! Message Send kadiddly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm doing a baby blanket for a friend who's due this summer and a couple of felted hedgehogs. It's my Friends Olympics!

You can't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.
Blackstage Stitches
Go to Top of Page

Panhandle Jane
Seriously Hooked

USA
607 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2010 :  05:32:21 AM  Show Profile Send Panhandle Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm knitting an Argus shawlette from Wendy Knits.

Blog--http:\\www.panhandleknitandsew.blogspot.com
Ravelry--panhandlejane

Go to Top of Page

cableready
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
385 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2010 :  05:13:19 AM  Show Profile Send cableready a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am knitting Kim Hargreaves Joy Cardigan in Ravelry's knitting olympics. I am using some Elan Den-m-knit yarn that has been in my stash for years. I love that it is a cone yarn - very few ends to weave in - especially because it is cotton and cannot be spit-spliced.

Pamela
Go to Top of Page

Lanea
Permanent Resident

USA
5189 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2010 :  05:55:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lanea's Homepage Send Lanea a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm participating in the wool-lympics too, and trying to finish up stash-busting projects and gifts on the side. Really, I just need something to do with my hands while I gorge on curling matches.

See proof of insanity: http://crazylanea.com/
Read my audiobook reviews: http://booksforears.com/
Buy handmade sock knitting bags: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5031570
Join the KR Webring: http://www.crazylanea.com/fiberarts/2006/07/the_knitters_re.html
Go to Top of Page

slopacki@msn.com

Posted - 02/18/2010 :  08:10:03 AM  Show Profile Send slopacki@msn.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am making comfort dolls from Haiti (http://twitter.com/comfort_Doll) as well as Spud & Chloe's camp hoodie. Making progress on both. My LYS is sending the dolls they collect to Haiti next month. Some of the ones I have seen in the shop are fantastic!
Go to Top of Page

kcknitnut
New Pal

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2010 :  08:33:42 AM  Show Profile Send kcknitnut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Knitting during these sport shows is a MUST. Right now I'm doing a afghan for my DGD, using a gazillion sample of my STASH. The pattern is hexigon with each one knitting to the next. Thus eliminating the sew-up at completion.

This is my 3rd afghan. One done with squares in 2 tone diamond shape with Entralas for border. The second done in 7 block stripes/6 stipes wide. Each block is a different pattern. Haven't decided on a border as yet.

KC
Go to Top of Page

urbanangel
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2010 :  08:39:13 AM  Show Profile Send urbanangel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm knitting the Cascadia socks from the January Rockin' Sock Club shipment. They're toe-ups, and I'm doing them two at a time on magic loop. I got the feet done last night, so tonight will be heel turns and flaps, then it's on to the legs.

When I get them done, I may start last year's RSC Fraggle Squiggle kit, or I may try to finish the Slinky Ribs ("Custom Knits") sweater that only needs a sleeve and a half, or else the Persephone (Goddess Knits) shawl that's under 50 rows from the end.
Go to Top of Page

jef3
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2010 :  09:13:39 AM  Show Profile Send jef3 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Madly knitting soft couch throw for daughter in Bangkok--wants soft but not warm--very hot there. Great Olympics project, just mindless enough. Simple square motif alternating k and p blocks, using Rowan Calm (cotton adn acrylic) with Arucania Ruca #4 (100% sugar cane!). Lovely and soft with subtle color variation. Desperate to find more Arucania Ruca # 4 --lys had only 4 skeins, need 2 or 3 more, if anyone has to sell!
Go to Top of Page

jamieknits
New Pal

14 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2010 :  10:05:22 AM  Show Profile Send jamieknits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm signed up for the Knitting Olympics. I'm knitting a kit from Ellen's 1/2 Pint Farm for a cardigan knit entirely in linen stitch. The yarn is hand-dyed DK weight mohair and merino (gauge is 25x42). Since I decided to modify the pattern from elbow length to long sleeves and then make the body as long as the remaining yarn allows, I'm starting with the sleeves. I'm behind a bit on my self-imposed timetable; I'm a third of the way through the second sleeve instead of finished with both sleeves. The fabric is working up beautifully and the yarn seems to be going much further than I would have guessed.

I hope I can finish in time to win a medal!
Go to Top of Page

starbright
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2010 :  12:25:13 PM  Show Profile Send starbright a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PBELKNAP

I'm making a vest for the Afghans for Afghans Youth Campaign. Their deadline and the Ravelympics tied together nicely!

WIP = Socks (k), Ladybug Afghan (c).

Done this year: Sheep-Go-Round Sweater (k)

Twitter Name = WildKnitter

If I could only do this for a living...

Go to Top of Page

starbright
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2010 :  12:27:38 PM  Show Profile Send starbright a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got this mixed up with Pbelknap's response. I just wanted to say that I too am knitting something for Afghans for Afghans-a pink vest made from Khatmandu DK tweed I have in my stash. It's a great project--kids' vests in all weight yarns from Figheadh.
Go to Top of Page

Irish Red
Warming Up

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2010 :  2:51:46 PM  Show Profile Send Irish Red a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am working on the Hooded Cardi Vest from the Winter issue of Vogue. It's warm and comfy...just right for watching all that snow on TV and outside the window (got quite a blizard going on today). It's going really well and I will probably finish before the Olympics are over. Great to have a dealine, as I can take way too long on a project because I get distracted and start three others before I finish the initial one!

The Industrious Bee
Go to Top of Page

needler
New Pal

27 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2010 :  07:38:42 AM  Show Profile Send needler a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am making the Yarn Harlot's cowl called "Pretty Thing."
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/pretty-thing
I am using a dark purple cashmere from Knitter's Addiction. It's my first cashmere experience. It is different than I had expected--not very "full" (fluffy?). I am hoping when it is off the needles and washed and blocked it will fill out more. I am really loving the pattern. It is a quick knit, even with light fingering weight yarn.
Also always have socks going--right now finishing up my valentine socks (well, gee...I just finished a big move! so they're a little late....)
Go to Top of Page

SpunKnit
New Pal

46 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2010 :  07:58:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit SpunKnit's Homepage Send SpunKnit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm participating in the Ravelympics. I've completed the Mitten Moguls, currently working on a Palindrome Scarf for the Scarf Super G, and have a hat in line for the Hat Halfpipe. The scarf is an endurance run, scarves get so tedious after awhile. Luckily, I've been diligent on it and its almost done. I was shooting for 6 feet, but may settle for 5 to 5 1/2, cause I want it to be DONE!

My Ravelry
Inane Knitting Babble
Go to Top of Page

Linny
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2010 :  09:53:06 AM  Show Profile Send Linny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hurray for the Knitting Olympics! I'm knitting argyle socks in Dale Baby Ull, in shades of blues and purple, using the pattern available on the TKGA website. Two at a time, just about ready to turn the heel. I've only knit one intarsia project before, and this is definitely a good challenge for me.
Go to Top of Page

lacylaine
Seriously Hooked

USA
989 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2010 :  6:46:43 PM  Show Profile Send lacylaine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not part of an official Olympics but I am using them to spur me on. I just learned to knit left-handed and do the Norwegian purl and I'm making the Baby Alpaca Grande Vest which is really a bolero.

The yarn is, surprise!, Baby Alpaca Grande in lovely dark shades of blue and green. I honestly don't know if I'll like wearing it because it always bugs me when something doesn't close in front. But for this luscious yarn, and a project tailor made for left-handed practice, I'm going to keep going.

Not that I expect to finish when the Olympics do - I'm only up to the transition from the 2x2 ribbing to the 1x1 ribbing tonight. I just have too much homework and home projects going on right now. At least knitting with this yarn is soothing and relaxing and not having pain in my right shoulder is simply wonderful!

Melanie

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might." Ecclesiastes 9:10

FO 2009: small market/shower bag; gray watch cap; magic square potholder; five dish cloths, including two new patterns; Hedgerow Mitts! 2010: two pair felted clogs, pink chemo cap for Mom

Go to Top of Page

LynnM
Warming Up

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2010 :  1:43:12 PM  Show Profile Send LynnM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm signed up and am very happy to say not only did I complete my prayer shawl, I also completed 2 pairs of mittens and 4 hats. I'm halfway with a baby sweater. Hopefully I will get that done by Sunday and everything can be shipped out Monday morning.
Go to Top of Page

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2010 :  12:54:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can see the back of my Cowichan cardi at

http://lambshoppe.wordpress.com/category/uncategorized/

Ceil

Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.67 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe