Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 On the Needles
 Scarf, hat or gloves?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cottonblossom
New Pal

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  7:01:48 PM  Show Profile Send cottonblossom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've cast on at least seven times for the Latifa scarf because I'd changed my mind about what colors to use then realized I was using the wrong size needles! Oh, well. It's good practice for casting on. I bought circular needles today to also start knitting on a pair of wristwarmers but I'm going to modify the pattern to include half fingers. And finally, new needles for a hat by Jared Flood, Habitat. I finished by first pair of socks just before Christmas then gave my family a break by not knitting Christmas week. And I've made a mental list of what I wish I had knitted before Christmas. Like toys, snowflakes, etc. I guess my New Year's resolution would be to not drive my family crazy with my obsessive knitting. Good luck on keeping that one.....

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1927 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  07:20:54 AM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Me, too! Can't seem to sit without something to knit or crochet. Right now I am making a hat for my hubby who requested one, for the first time! I also always have ideas left over from holidays, last year,etc. Happy New Year and Happy Knitting, Chayah in snowy NY.

"Each breath really is a new beginning of the rest of our lives." Jon Kabat-Zinn
Go to Top of Page

psorum
New Pal

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  02:28:42 AM  Show Profile Send psorum a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also finished my first pair of socks right before Thanksgiving.I did my first project on circular needles(a cabled hat)and I really liked knitting on those.Have another pair of socks started that are a little more complicated.
Go to Top of Page

TricotAnne
New Pal

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  7:19:24 PM  Show Profile Send TricotAnne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi! I'm brand new here...but this is a timely topic so I thought I would chime in. I am almost finished with a scarf for me which I had put aside in order to make two gift scarves for Christmas. Mine is in a lovely soft grey blue alpaca in a blueberry stitch. I hope to finish it in time to wear it out on Saturday next. I also have two half finished sweaters to tackle before I start anything new. I always have half finished sweaters.....Also, I have a sock, half done, lurking in my knitting basket. I am stuck on the heel...am missing a stitch somewhere or other and it is driving me crazy. Maybe I just have to rip out and start over. Wish I had a brand new pristine porject to start on right now. It is so hard to finish up things.....
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1927 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2010 :  06:49:37 AM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I recently joined a group that challenges us to make 52 hats this year - how do I get myself into these things? What would you do with a hat a week? At the moment I am knitting a roll brimmed hat in the round and changing the stitch pattern every now and then, sort of sampler style. Any ideas or favorite hats? Warmly, Chayah
Go to Top of Page

ClaireG
Seriously Hooked

602 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2010 :  10:00:59 AM  Show Profile Send ClaireG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been making Chemo hats and the group I knit with on Monday nights we make hats for the Indian children in North Dakota.
Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3469 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2010 :  6:51:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chayah, my favorite easy hat is the Hurricane hat. It's easy but great for showing off yarns.
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1927 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  06:38:44 AM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you, minh, I will try this next. I even have very similar yarn in that soft grey color. Is 4.5 a size 7 needle? What are you making now?
Warmly, Chayah

"Each breath really is a new beginning of the rest of our lives." Jon Kabat-Zinn
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1927 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  05:09:20 AM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Minh, I am finally printing the pattern and about to start. Thanks for the pattern, C.

Go to Top of Page

ikkivan
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
549 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2010 :  07:21:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit ikkivan's Homepage Send ikkivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am almost finished with the first of at least eight "masculine or unisex" scarves I will need for Christmas gifts; so many male relatives in this family. My goal is to knit one per month, April through November. I'm sticking with simple patterns in yummy yarns; I work on these mostly at night while watching TV. The one right now is that super-easy "one-row scarf" pattern from Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (free on Ravelry or http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/archives/2006/10/12/one_row_handspun_scarf.html) in a hand-painted yarn from Lonesome Stone, 50/50 alpaca/wool. This pattern is really neat and looks as if there are shallow pleats/pintucks in the fabric. I'm knitting this one on the dense side rather than open and lacy, although it still has nice drape, probably due to the alpaca. And it is reversible, of course, which is something I prefer for a scarf.

Since I have a bunch of this yarn, I may also knit a simple matching hat using the one-row pattern just for the first couple of inches (for a turn-up cuff), with the remainder in 2x2 ribbing.

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe