Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Knitting gratitudes in 2009
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

EirwenJ
New Pal

5 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  03:38:35 AM  Show Profile Send EirwenJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am grateful to all the wonderful knitters and fibre folk of this extraordainary commumity who have so immeasurably enriched my life.For the shared passion, for the kindness, compassion, the willingness to share and help in whatever way, for the many many times I have fallen over laughing, for the times I have cried. For the best friends I have ever had, thank you all so much.

And to echo Clara, many many many zillions of thanks to the sheepsies, goatsies,(angora/cashmere)yaks,vicuna(I wish!!!)guanaco, alpaca, silk worms and all other fibre producers I may have forgotten. If you can knit with it, you're on the list.Blessings on you all.I hope one day that I will get to knit with everything that's out there.

And lastly,I am so grateful to my lovely husband who endures a houseful of yarn and a completley obsessed wife with stoicism and great good humour, and never questions my yarn purchases,(well he does sometimes ask me whether I actually need anymore yarn)

Thank you thank you thank thank you thank you thank you.
XXXXX
Go to Top of Page

Gibson Girl
Chatty Knitter

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  11:52:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Gibson Girl's Homepage Send Gibson Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The many good things to be thankful for have already been covered by all the previous posts. I keep coming back to this forum because no where else can I find persons as nutty as I am about knitting. I mean what do others do while they watch TV? I've gotten lots done this holiday football bowl season. Heaven knows there have been a lot of them. I'm also thankful for all the good ideas the members contribute. I've organized my needles, knit down my stash all because of things I've read here. I also learned how to knit with beads. Thank you all.
Go to Top of Page

churchlady
Warming Up

Canada
81 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  2:35:39 PM  Show Profile Send churchlady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm grateful for all you other knitters out there. Especially those I have knitted with in-person since I've joined the local Knitting Guild (one of last year's resolutions I made on a KR forum). I'm kind of shy even on-line, but the knitting resources on the internet are amazing, and growing just as fast as they were in 2003 when I started knitting again, and lurking at Knitters' Review. I'm also grateful I live in a big, urban area where LYS abound, and that the collapse of the hand-knitting retailers predicted by some has not happened due to the recession. I'm just really grateful for knitting--being able to do it, and to whoever thought it up to create fabric (socks?).
Sandra
Go to Top of Page

Luann
Permanent Resident

USA
2673 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  7:48:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luann's Homepage Send Luann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love reading what everyone has said - one thing I'm grateful for is the weekly KR newsletter, which is great in so many ways but especially helpful when Clara highlights a thread on the forums that I may have missed (such as this one!) Even though I check it 10 times a day, I still seem to miss things here or there.

Back at ya, NutmegOwl. As I said at this year's retreat, you guys are my knitting community. Even if I'd never met anyone in person, I'd feel connected to you all, and it has seen me through good times and bad. Just knowing you all are out there has seen me through some lonely nights. Special shout-out of gratitude to the Night Owl regulars, who hover like my guardian cyber-space angels.

It is indeed a wonderful time to be a knitter - speaking of which, I'm going to go do that. Just as soon as I walk Toddler Luann back to bed for the 3rd time tonight...

Luann

Knit and let knit!
http://www.luannocracy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1809 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  6:30:25 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am grateful for the kindliness and respect and affection in KR, as well as the wonderful cameraderie, humor, knitting wisdom and all the other benefits.

I was especially blessed by getting up my nerve to post on Night Owls, when I desperately needed companionship and comfort this year, and oh, how those NO's came through!

A big thank-you to all of you for the support which was palpable for me, and without which I know I would not have been sane.

New Year blessings to everyone,

Anna
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9714 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  11:36:52 PM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm so grateful that after a VERY trying day enveloped in another hobby, albeit a dying one, I can come and read the loving thoughts and exchanges here in the KR. There's a lovely pace here. Just like the knitters that I have had the pleasure to meet in real life. Timeless, enduring beauty. Thank you.

Lella
Zippiknits
Go to Top of Page

pmcyarns
New Pal

17 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  11:14:19 AM  Show Profile Send pmcyarns a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am so happy to have the time and interest to return to knitting and crochet after a 10 year time imposed sabbatical. I am also blessed to be part of a prayer shawl ministry that always gives me a guilt free need to "play with" yarn and meet others out of my daily path!
Go to Top of Page

Wen
Permanent Resident

Australia
3244 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  03:46:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wen's Homepage Send Wen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A bit late here, but I would just like to say that I am grateful for the ability that knitting has to calm and relax me and give me a sense of achievement. 2009 was not a good year but I did manage to complete a number of things and complete them which is a major achievement when depressed.

I am now back working full time, feeling much better and I have my online communities and my abilities with sticks and string to thank for that.

Here's to a happy and healthy 2010

Wen

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wen1965/sets/72157612251840708/show/ FO 2009
http://www.flickr.com/groups/kr_members/
http://wenswoolgathering.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Consuelo
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
582 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  06:39:43 AM  Show Profile Send Consuelo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wen, glad to hear you are better. Have a happy year.

Consuelo
"Tavel is fatal to prejudice" Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

MeezieGirl
Seriously Hooked

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  7:23:29 PM  Show Profile Send MeezieGirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, better late than ....

I am so grateful to Clara for KR. It is a wonderful place to be a part of. I can't even remember when or how I discovered it, but thank God I did.

And more thanks and gratitude to Clara for her books!!! They have given me hours of reading and dreaming pleasure.

I am grateful to my husband for being the financial enabler of my addiction to yarn. Bless him, he lives with a crazy woman with too much wool. Yes, I know that's an oxymoron, but not to him!

I am grateful that my cats, all blue-eyed, do *not* have the Siamese tendency to EAT wool. And, in general, they leave it alone, and me, while I'm knitting.

Last, but by no means least, I am grateful beyond words to express that my beloved daughter, Sabetta, at 24 a PhD candidate in theoretical physics at UPenn, has become a crazy lace knitter and has blown me so far out of the water, with regards to knitting, that I'm in orbit. She's a true maniac, and do I love it? Let me count the ways!! She knit me the "Misty Blossom Stole" by Asami Kawa for Christmas. In her spare time. (!) Look on Ravelry to see her work. She goes by her name - Sabetta. (no, I'm not a proud mother, no, not at all)

Dee

You can take the girl out of New York, but you can't take New York out of the girl.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.61 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?