Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Knitting gratitudes in 2009
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

scarfitup
Chatty Knitter

193 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  05:25:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit scarfitup's Homepage Send scarfitup a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You've all said it so well! And I am grateful for all the inspiration I continue to get from all of you and especially Clara's vision in crating this invaluable site for all of us. This is a safe haven for questions, comments, tips, and strategies that have helped innumerable people from all over the world. Let's hope it's a 10 in '10! Happy New Year to all!

Scarf It Up!
http://scarf-it-up.blogspot.com
http://flickr.com/photos/scarfitup
http://scarfitup.etsy.com
Become a Scarf It Up! Fan on FB: http://www.facebook.com/scarfitupwilmington
Go to Top of Page

JAC
New Pal

8 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  06:04:04 AM  Show Profile Send JAC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm grateful for Jane and her continuing faith that I'll find the time to knit someday!!! And Clara's books, which have been an inspiration. And Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool Festival, which I share yearly with my daughters and Jane, and which helps keep me focused and excited about all the fibers out there waiting for me.
Go to Top of Page

KnittingVicky
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  07:08:58 AM  Show Profile Send KnittingVicky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm grateful that I completed two sweaters for my grown daughters, that they fit and that they loved them.
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1927 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  07:13:28 AM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am grateful to Clara for this wonderful community, to all of you generous crafters who share your ideas and experiences, and for knitting itself. I returned to knitting through KR, and it has become an important part of my life. Thanks to all of you.

"Each breath really is a new beginning of the rest of our lives." Jon Kabat-Zinn
Go to Top of Page

tempeh
New Pal

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  07:22:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit tempeh's Homepage Send tempeh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I never post here, but I am going to change that in 2010. I can never have enough knitting sisters. This year-end I am grateful that I have been able to boost my income with knitting, and that knitting for money has not changed my love of the craft. I am grateful for all the places like this that have taught me better knitting and honed my skills. More than anything, with 17+ years of lupus under my belt, I am grateful that my health is holding and allowing me to experience the fun and creativity and fraternity of this wonderful craft.
Go to Top of Page

noallatin
Chatty Knitter

286 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  07:38:48 AM  Show Profile Send noallatin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am grateful for the forum and the yearly gatherings; I've made new friends there and had fun. I am also grateful for my weekly knitting group. Last but not least I am grateful for my DH who doesn't seem to mind the yarn, books and knitting paraphernalia that has taken over one end of the bedroom.
Go to Top of Page

carolbeech
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  09:08:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit carolbeech's Homepage Send carolbeech a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am grateful I got to attend the retreat and experience a renewal of my love of knitting and knitters. I continue to be appreciative of the internet, which is responsible for my increasing stash and pattern library, but also my skills.

www.carolbeech.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Corddrymum
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
519 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  09:54:34 AM  Show Profile Send Corddrymum a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I too am grateful for Clara and this wonderful place where we can come for help, consolation and friendship. I'm grateful for my wonderful wife who enables my knitting and for my 3 healthy children and 4 healthy grandchildren.
Finally, I'm grateful that I'm able to help out those who are a little less fortunate.
Robin C.
Go to Top of Page

singfasola
New Pal

10 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  10:08:24 AM  Show Profile Send singfasola a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm grateful to KR, where I've lurked for a couple of years now. I'm grateful for this and many other knitting blogs, which have taught me so much about knitting and have made me less tied to pattern specifications and helped me become more confident, even adventurous. I'm grateful for the many online vendors of yarn and patterns (I live in the country, a ways from LYSs) that have helped me widen my knitting reach.

I'm grateful to my 8-person Monday night knitting group, which I joined a year ago, whose members have provided encouragement, support, wonderful friendships, and many laughs.
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4397 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  10:45:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JAC

I'm grateful for Jane and her continuing faith that I'll find the time to knit someday!!! And Clara's books, which have been an inspiration. And Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool Festival, which I share yearly with my daughters and Jane, and which helps keep me focused and excited about all the fibers out there waiting for me.

Awww -- love you, too, Judy! And I'm almost finished knitting your Christmas mitts!

Jane

Betty needs a warm hat: Support KR
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: My Flickr Album
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2083 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  11:21:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do.

How I love thinking of the good things & reasons for gratitude for the year that is about to close. W/ all that has gone on this year, it's a beautiful thing to reflect on goodness.

KR has brought, to me, a baseline of close friendships, a well of creativity, pockets of goodness, the urge to improve my knitting skills, a fabulous Retreat, an extraordinary book from our beloved Clara, lots of knitterly info.

Many thanks to you all & biggie thanks to you, sweet Clara.
Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

abt1950
Permanent Resident

3019 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  12:43:20 PM  Show Profile Send abt1950 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am grateful for so many things. I'm grateful for having a wonderful LYS with a wonderful LYSO. I am grateful to those who create the fibers, designs, and tools that make knitting such a joyful act. I'm grateful to Clara, for providing KR, and to all of you here for providing an ongoing sense of community to this formerly solitary knitter.

Most of all, I'm just grateful.

Anne in NJ

Knit long and prosper
Go to Top of Page

knitrigued
New Pal

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  12:55:03 PM  Show Profile Send knitrigued a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Like so many, I am grateful that Knitter's Review exists and that I was fortunate enough to stumble across it during one of many attempts for help in my knitting. The help you wonderful knitter's have provided is invaluable, especially since I'm self-taught and know no other knitters. Reading through the forum archives and current topics, the members never fail to impress me with their knitting knowledge and willingness to help those of us "in knitting need." As someone who generally keeps to herself and family, the fact that I'm actually posting (which I've never done anywhere else in all my years of using the internet) is a testament to how strongly I value Knitter's Review and it's helpful and giving members.

Being somewhat of a technical person, knitting satisfies my need for complexity and problem solving, which I was often challenged with at work before I became a stay at home mother of an 8 year, 5 year and 13 month old. Also, I'm happy there are so many knitting books to choose from. At times, I find reading a knitting book as satisfying as knitting.

I'm grateful for my family who encourages and supports my love of knitting. Whenever Iím logically teetering on a knitting related purchase (i.e. Thatís a clever and/or useful tool. That would be nice to have. But will I use it enough? Do I really need it?), my husband states matter of fact ďJust get it. Itís part of something you love to do.Ē My childrenís look of amazement and compliments, when I actually complete a knitting project, are precious and appreciated. How lucky I feel.

Although I donít have the time to knit nearly as much as Iíd like, Iím so grateful that I discovered this wonderful skill and am happy to know itís there waiting for me whenever time permits.

B.
Go to Top of Page

CatherineM
Permanent Resident

USA
3363 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  2:10:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit CatherineM's Homepage Send CatherineM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm grateful for so many things, but especially the genuine friendships made through KR, and the reliable source of good vibes and good advice that exists here. I'm grateful that I'm still here with reasonably functional brain and eyesight, and for the health and success and happy lives of my kids, and for the granddaughter who will make her appearance in March and has given me a reason to make baby things, which are of course nearly instant knitting gratification, thus forming a perfect loop of gratitudinous goodness. I'm just grateful for all the good stuff of life, including knitting.

Catherine
http://yorkiedog.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

crazyknits
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  4:40:39 PM  Show Profile Send crazyknits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am grateful for this beautiful "art" that has been passed down through the generations and for always learning something new with each project I choose. This year I have especially enjoyed knitting lace and working with some of the finer yarns. Most of all, I am grateful for all the people who design the wonderful knitting I get to make.
Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  6:29:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm grateful that no matter what crazy knitting idea I come up with, I end up getting Milinda's support and guidance on how to make it work! I NEVER would've attempted to knit Heather so quickly without her saying it was possible. I never would've designed and knit my own skirt done with fingering weight cotton without her saying she thought it was a good idea. And the only reason I even dreamed up knitting an entire DRESS on size 1 needles with sock yarn (!) was because years ago, we spent days poring over vintage McCall's and Vogue knitting magazines, appreciating the dresses of the 20s, 30s, 40, and 50s! I met Milinda through KR and that's reason enough for me to love it!

"I'm telling you, we're in a M. Night Shyamalan flick."
Go to Top of Page

hillstreetmama
Permanent Resident

USA
3448 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  8:54:43 PM  Show Profile Send hillstreetmama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm so grateful that I stumbled on this site a few years ago. I've learned a lot, and "met" a lot of interesting people. Because of this place, at knitting night at the LYS, they think I'm somewhat of an expert! I'm always willing to help, to teach, to pass on what I've learned, but find it amusing that people assume I've been knitting for decades. Thank you, everyone, for making this site what it is.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

Black Sheep
New Pal

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  05:02:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Sheep's Homepage Send Black Sheep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gratitude is certainly in abundance here. Iím thankful and grateful for the generous offerings Mrs. Parkes makes available. The spirit of giving and helping seems to be contagious, because these thank you posts are full of it!

As a writer who is determined to have a spot in the wonderful world of fibers, I'm grateful to have this type of resource, along with other efforts initiated by or participated in by Mrs. Parkes.

When I see her name connected to an event, or product, I always take a second look at it. Trustworthiness isn't an every day commodity you know!
::o)
Linda Sparkman

linda lee sparkman
Go to Top of Page

Eleanor
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
583 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  08:35:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Eleanor a Yahoo! Message Send Eleanor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm thankful that Clara has made this such a woderful site for us knitters. I've been here for quite some time now, my first knitting group on the Internet, and have made a few friends along the way, and I've always found the Forums a great place to exchange ideas, etc.
Here's hoping you all have a happy and healthy new year! 'Can't believe it's 2010 already! Where does the time go!?
Go to Top of Page

Priscilla Kelly
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  10:11:48 AM  Show Profile Send Priscilla Kelly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm new to posting and really don't know how, so please bear with me.
In 2009 I have learned to knit socks! Love them and it's very easy.No matter what else I'm knitting there are always socks on my needles. I'm 80 so my eyes and hands don't always behave, but I manage some knitting every day, it helps me stay sane. I know I'm going to really enjoy this forum. Thank you for having me. Priscilla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.8 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?