Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Crochet Talk
 Crochet technique questions
 seaming an afghan
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

babycarolnancy
New Pal

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2009 :  07:33:46 AM  Show Profile Send babycarolnancy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

I finally finished crocheting an afghan in double crochet. The instructions just say to "sew all the sides together". Since you see both sides of the afghan, I was going to use a tapestry needle, but I don't know how to sew it together. I want a flat, invisible seam. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1926 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  07:21:39 AM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What kind of edges do you have? I usually crochet mine together, but they are mostly squares. I have been making a small rug in strips and just whip stitching the pieces together in a complementary color. I also think that Mattress Stitch is good, it leaves a pretty invisible joining.I think there are video tutorials for it online. Let me know how you are doing with this, Warmly, Chayah

"Each breath really is a new beginning of the rest of our lives." Jon Kabat-Zinn
Go to Top of Page

babycarolnancy
New Pal

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  10:13:12 AM  Show Profile Send babycarolnancy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The afghan is made in strips of 10 blocks long. I used the Mattress stitch and it turned out great! The rug you are making sounds like it is very pretty.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1926 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  11:40:09 AM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations to you! My rug is waiting patiently for me to get back to it. Have a very happy New Year, Warmly, C.

"Each breath really is a new beginning of the rest of our lives." Jon Kabat-Zinn
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe