Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 On the Needles
 NYCO = New Year's Cast On
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

pixie_day
Chatty Knitter

130 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  08:30:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit pixie_day's Homepage Send pixie_day a Private Message
I just cast on for the Natalya fingerless mittens out of Mountain Colors hadnpainted yarn in a wonderful blue colorway. I still have one hat left to make for Christmas, so the mittens may have to be put on the back burner for a day or so.

After that, I would like to make a shawl out of the Kidsilk Haze that I bought.
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
New Pal

Vatican City
22 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  2:17:26 PM  Show Profile Send pinkroses a Private Message
I have started a Bubble gum pink knitted sweater, and still into knitting socks. I made around 20 pairs a lot where Christmas gifts. I do other things to with these
Go to Top of Page

boboknits
Chatty Knitter

USA
206 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  6:11:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit boboknits's Homepage Send boboknits a Private Message
I cast on for the Perugino throw about 7 times now since Christmas and think I'll go with another stitch pattern. Since I was having trouble with that I cast on for the Besotted scarf last Monday in Malabrigo (Little Lovely) and that's coming along great.
Beth
Go to Top of Page

knitche
New Pal

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  12:29:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit knitche's Homepage Send knitche a Private Message
I'm laughing here, as SO many of ya'll started your NYCO way early! Perhaps it should've been NYECO?

ROTFL
N.

Knitting, Crocheting, Spinning, Tatting, BobbinLace and Designing are my NICHE in life!

http://noreensknitche.com/gathering

http://noreensknitche.com/cont_fans

http://noreensknitche.weblogs.us/

Go to Top of Page

janev
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  2:05:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit janev's Homepage Send janev a Private Message
I cast on yesterday for a pair of socks for ME with Knit Picks Parade and #3 40" circs - I'm doing the magic loop method. I've turned the heel (my very first one!)picked up the stitches for the instep gusset, did the instep decreases, and now just have to finish the foot and toe. I'm excited because one of my New Year's resolution was to learn how to knit socks - and I'm doing it on Day One!

Jane
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

sweetnsour
Chatty Knitter

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  12:52:19 AM  Show Profile Send sweetnsour a Private Message
I cast on for a pair of baby booties for my friend. Her baby isn't coming until summer, so I figured I'd start early and get rid of the mystery acrylic baby yarn in the house.

I said I was going to take a break too...no dice. I have a sweater vest and a Clapotis I started before Christmas that need finishing up. I have the yarn for the Mrs. Beeton pattern from Knitty, so that will be the first brand new 2006 ME project.

Amy

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Go to Top of Page

SaintJay
Chatty Knitter

113 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  06:55:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit SaintJay's Homepage Send SaintJay a Private Message
I couldn't wait until New Year's Day to CO for me. I started a pair of Log Cabin Socks from Handknit Holidays on the day after Christmas and finished them on New Year's Day.

I want to figure out toe-up socks and will probably start those [for me] next. I also have a sweater and another pair of socks to finish. I plan to get those three projects finished [at least!] before I make anything for someone else.
Go to Top of Page

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

3989 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  09:11:35 AM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message
I've got Hanne Falkenberg's Mermaid on the needles.

Donna in VA
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.8 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.