Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Stash management
 Attractive ways to show off stash?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

angelcooper@hotmail.com
Gabber Extraordinaire

541 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  10:47:27 AM  Show Profile Send angelcooper@hotmail.com a Private Message
I have a huge glass bowl on my living room table that was empty. One day as I walked through the room, I got the idea to put small balls of leftover yarn in it. What I actually did was to put the yarns that I have spun myself into the bowl along with some ofther handspuns, all my favorite colors. I had actually planned to changed the yarns out and put Christmas balls in the bowl and could not find colors that I liked. I had a party on Saturday afternoon and was told later by a friend that the guests had remarked anout the yarns in the bwol and how pretty and unsual the aggangement was. Hmmm - go figure!!!!!

Angel
Knitting and spinning in the Shenandoah Valley

My blog - http://vaknittingangel.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

gulf knitter
Seriously Hooked

USA
737 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  12:28:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit gulf knitter's Homepage Send gulf knitter a Private Message
I recently bought a lightweight modular set of cubes from Costco for under $20. The cubes are 18" x 18" and made of grids of white enameled (or plastic ed) metal bars. The unit is joined together with corner pieces, and you can set it up in many confirgurations. Shortly after I put mine together, I noticed the same storage being used at one of my favorite yarn stores! This set up could easily be disassembled when you move. I reinforced the corner joins on mine with those little clear plastic zip ties they sell in the electrical supply aisle of Walmart. The only disavantage is that the system probably could not be heavily loaded with books. Sarah
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?