Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Favorite Yarns
 Debbie Bliss Cashmerino
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

elkymama
Seriously Hooked

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  7:30:31 PM  Show Profile Send elkymama a Private Message
I, too, have mixed feelings about Cashmerino. I've knitted 3 pairs of bedsocks from the aran weight, so my experience is limited, but even so, I will probably not use this yarn again.

The positive side: I love the soft, almost velvety feel of the yarn and I loved knitting with it. It knit quickly and smoothly without splitting.

The Negative: I don't like the way the yarn looks knitted up. IMHO, it looks flat and drab. I rinsed the denim blue socks in cool water and the socks looked even more drab when they dried. Ditto with the deep pink. I really hate spending time knitting something and doing a nice job, only to have the yarn doublecross me in the end. So what if it's soft, what I thought was going to be lovely and special looks dull and drab.

I will make an exception for the white Cashmerino, which has a subtle sheen that I like when it is knitted up.

"There's a thin line between hobby & mental illness."
Go to Top of Page

msgb
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
531 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2005 :  07:45:42 AM  Show Profile Send msgb a Private Message
I am knitting a DB Cashmerino sweater right now and I am loving it. I love the feel of the yarn as I knit. It just feels so yummy.
Go to Top of Page

lyndyn@yahoo.com

USA
Posted - 12/15/2005 :  4:35:13 PM  Show Profile Send lyndyn@yahoo.com a Private Message
Years ago, I bought some of the KFI labeled cashmerino and have been working on a complicated scarf ever since...it is the thing that I work on when I don't want to have to think because I just knit whatever pattern I want to practice at the time. It is a wonderful yarn to knit with - and, it seems to be weathering some rough treatment better than I might expect.

ETA: I have the Cashmerino DK in a very deep red. Really gorgeous. I don't mind the synthetic stuff. I started to learn to knit on some 40 year old shetland wool that my aunt gave me and it was so rough that it hurt my fingers. The Cashmerino was the first yarn that I picked out for myself and the reason that I perservered with learning to knit - it was just so pleasant to work with. I bought 12 balls of the stuff and have been playing with them ever since.
Go to Top of Page

bbuttercup8
Chatty Knitter

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  2:08:36 PM  Show Profile Send bbuttercup8 a Private Message
Sounds like a beautiful yarn. Can you really feel the cashmere?

Lisa
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.