Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Knitter's License Plates
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  11:47:22 AM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
I've often thought of getting vanity plates here in VA, but here they charge you extra every year even though they only issue the plate once. That irritates me so I don't do it.

Anita
My completed projects

and here

Go to Top of Page

Jenknitter
Chatty Knitter

164 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  3:42:20 PM  Show Profile Send Jenknitter a Private Message
I like k2tog or s1k1psso

blazfglori
Seriously Hooked

I really like s1k1psso, no one else would have a CLUE what it meant!!

I think that *k2tog* would be awesome, especially if you're married and have little ones! ;)

~Lori

You could even be *k2tog* even if you were not married and have little ones. (Sorry, i'm only kidding.) I wonder if you could even get the ***

http://jenknitter.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tuppence
Chatty Knitter

USA
140 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  7:00:03 PM  Show Profile Send Tuppence a Private Message
As a lace knitter I've thought about getting YO K2TOG for a license plate, but I'm too cheap to spend the extra money (instead of spending it on yarn). Also I'm afraid it would be too esoteric.

However... having recently moved from IL (which has front license plates) to NC (which doesn't), my car has a big empty space on the front bumper which cries out for a "License to Knit". I may have to get one of those.

- Marie
Go to Top of Page

Lizann20
New Pal

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  7:24:11 PM  Show Profile Send Lizann20 a Private Message
Hi Marie - I finally got 6 balls of the Berroco Suede yarn yesterday at YTDF with a plan to go to the sit and knit today (work keeps interfering with my play time); and started on the shawl on the cover of the Berroco pamphlet. Soooo cute! That's probably because the Addi Turbo circulars fell in my bag too. Aw shucks, had to have 'em. BTW, there's a guy, or used to be a guy, at Smiley's Flea Market over on 25N in Fletcher that will make a special front license plate pretty much with whatever you want on it. I have a special one on the front of my car, and have been thinking about getting something cute for the rear (of my Honda that is). Let me know when you are at YTDF on a Tues. and I'll play hookey for the entire day.

Lizann
Go to Top of Page

evep
Chatty Knitter

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2006 :  4:17:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit evep's Homepage  Send evep a Yahoo! Message Send evep a Private Message
Wow!! Those are such great ideas!!

Eve

http://eveknits.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Pete
Warming Up

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  07:08:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pete's Homepage Send Pete a Private Message
My husband bought my vanity tag for my BD a couple of years ago. It says FIGHEAD because in WA you have 7 spaces for letters/numbers/spaces. I get a lot of funny questions and comments about it. One lady asked if I was in the dried fruit business. I tell them, "Add a final 'h' and it's 'knitting' in Gaelic!"

But I also see some tags that people got randomly that would be cool. Our regular tags are three numbers, space, three letters. The last three letters I've seen are "ssk," "knt," "slp," and on a more personal note, "jen." I would have liked any of those, too! I love my vanity tag, though! Get yourself one!

www.figheadh.com
http://figknits.blogspot.com
Why ain't I knittin'?
Go to Top of Page

KrazyKim
Chatty Knitter

USA
240 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  4:50:26 PM  Show Profile Send KrazyKim a Private Message
I LOVE the "FIGHEAD" plate! And the "BUSHEL" plates. Both of them read on more than one level. I love the fact that they have a deeper meaning when explained. (And I love Figs!).

My BF suggested I get "BURKZRK", because my last name is Burk, but that has more to do with the way I drive than the way I knit. Actually, that does kind of describe the way I knit... I love my plates and I don't mind the extra cost to renew. I chose the Calif. "Whale Tail" and some of the $ goes to saving the ocean.

I've been trying to think of a clever abbreviation of "Yarn Delirious" that still reads well, and so far, I just can't.

Kim, Playa del Rey, CA
Go to Top of Page

knitpicker
Warming Up

99 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  10:58:42 AM  Show Profile Send knitpicker a Private Message
Delirious...how about DILRIUS?

Also: knit2liv, liv2knit. tough choice, there.

Go to Top of Page

knitpicker
Warming Up

99 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  10:59:45 AM  Show Profile Send knitpicker a Private Message
Delirious, sorry, meant to say DLIRIUS...
Go to Top of Page

e_looped
Seriously Hooked

USA
712 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  07:40:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit e_looped's Homepage Send e_looped a Private Message
For about four years I had KNIT GRL as my license plate. When we sold my car to go down to one car so that we could afford the car payments in school, my husband wasn't so keen on driving a KNIT GRL car. Not that I blame him. It was hard to be anonymous sometimes with that license plate.

erica :)
leetle knits blog
Join the Midwest Knitters' Blog Ring
Go to Top of Page

soapturtle
Chatty Knitter

USA
133 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2006 :  4:31:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit soapturtle's Homepage Send soapturtle a Private Message
Support it? Heck I am inspired! I am getting new plates this month and am so very tempted to go for C6F or MMMYARN

http://soapturtle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2006 :  4:33:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
Hey you!

And I like MMMYARN, cuz... Mmmm Yarn...

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

sachis2112
Warming Up

54 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2006 :  4:52:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit sachis2112's Homepage Send sachis2112 a Private Message
LOL You guys are craking me up! Have "FBR FRK" and "YARNFRK" already been mentioned?

-Sachi
http://sachis2112.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Becky in MO
Seriously Hooked

769 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  05:17:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Becky in MO a Yahoo! Message Send Becky in MO a Private Message
This would be toooooo cool!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.84 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.