Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Favorite Yarns
 Mission Falls - good news
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

The Irish Ewe
Permanent Resident

USA
1052 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  6:14:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit The Irish Ewe's Homepage Send The Irish Ewe a Private Message
Down in Fraggle Rock! That's where I knew your name from (and figures, couldn't see the forest for the trees kind of thing.)

The Irish Ewe
Norway, Maine
http://www.TheIrishEwe.com
Go to Top of Page

highdesertrose
Gabber Extraordinaire

Malta
544 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  11:34:28 PM  Show Profile Send highdesertrose a Private Message
Thanks for this thread- I can stop mourning now

~Rena~
www.music2knit.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  07:26:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
I'm especially pleased that the current owners were able to sell the business, and won't be left penniless.

Lissa

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a
revolutionary act. -- George Orwell

Oh, and I now have a blog:http://knittnlissa.typepad.com/knittnlissa/
Go to Top of Page

pqpatch
Seriously Hooked

USA
617 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  5:17:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit pqpatch's Homepage Send pqpatch a Private Message
I guess I have the same concern. Will the yarn be the same? One thing to have the name another to be the same yarn.
Go to Top of Page

threadbearIN
New Pal

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  9:25:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit threadbearIN's Homepage Send threadbearIN a Private Message
Rob from ThreadBear here.........

The cotton is going to be spun by the same mill, but the wool will be (a direct quote) "sourced from a European mill". The old wool was spun in Canada, so the wool will NOT be the exact same stuff. The cotton should be identical, or nearly so.

For those of you wanting a fix NOW, we purchased every last bit of the original MF 1824 cotton and all remaining 1824 wool from the US distributor and it has arrived in our shop. It's not on the website (the wool is, but we've had that for a few months).

There's just 8 shades of cotton, but I have PLENTY (in some cases 267 bags, on others, just 3).

rob@threadbearfiberarts.com
Go to Top of Page

CJknits2much
Chatty Knitter

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2005 :  09:18:33 AM  Show Profile Send CJknits2much a Private Message
Shop owners might try messaging the Mission Falls Warehouse folks, who have been selling off the remnants of current stock on Ebay. They're not in every day, but have been good about responding. Their website also has a mail-to link that's worked in the past. If they've licensed the name, it's in their interest to tell you, I'd think....Plus, isn't there some chance that the old distributor, Unique Kolours, would have picked them up?

Oh well, good luck! This is great news, especially if the new yarn has the colors and quality of the old.

CJ
Go to Top of Page

threadbearIN
New Pal

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2005 :  10:23:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit threadbearIN's Homepage Send threadbearIN a Private Message
Unique Kolours did NOT pick them up....the "new" Mission Falls will be distributed in the US by a Canadian firm.

Go to Top of Page

threadbearIN
New Pal

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2005 :  11:38:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit threadbearIN's Homepage Send threadbearIN a Private Message
Unique Kolours did NOT pick them up....the "new" Mission Falls will be distributed in the US by a Canadian firm.

Go to Top of Page

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2005 :  9:24:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
See, I knew Rob would have the inside scoop!

Lissa

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a
revolutionary act. -- George Orwell

Oh, and I now have a blog:http://knittnlissa.typepad.com/knittnlissa/
Go to Top of Page

The Irish Ewe
Permanent Resident

USA
1052 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2005 :  05:40:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit The Irish Ewe's Homepage Send The Irish Ewe a Private Message
Ok.... WHO is the new Candian-to-US distributor?? I've asked a couple of my reps, but no one knows who is carrying MF.

The Irish Ewe
Norway, Maine
Go to Top of Page

jcole1@gmail.com
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  10:25:31 AM  Show Profile Send jcole1@gmail.com a Private Message
This new distributor mentioned in this thread will actually be the 2nd distributor of "Mission Falls" cotton.

I can't speak to the politics of the yarn marketing business, but I can tell you where to find the worsted weight cotton yarn that we came to know as "Mission Falls 1824 Cotton".

Sweaterkits (sweaterkits.com) has been marketing the cotton yarn from the original mill under the name "Cottonlicious". The 18 cottonlicious colors are a bit brighter than the MF colors. Go to the website and check the color range.

Sweaterkits is owned by a Canadian designer (Caroline, not Megs), who has developed children's and ladies garments and accessories based on the cotton yarn, as well as merino/alpaca, silk/silk chenille, and acrylic chenille yarns.

I am the manufacturer's rep. for Sweaterkits in MI, IN, and OH and have placed the Cottonlicious yarn in many shops.

Joanne
Go to Top of Page

vintage
Chatty Knitter

USA
113 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2005 :  5:35:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit vintage's Homepage Send vintage a Private Message
I was on another knitting forum, and someone posted that the new distributor for Mission Falls is CNS yarns. The website is www.cnsyarns.com.

I sent them an email, and hopefully I will hear from them next week.

Vintage Knits Wool Shoppe
www.vintageknits.net
admin@vintageknits.net
Go to Top of Page

The Irish Ewe
Permanent Resident

USA
1052 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2005 :  07:17:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit The Irish Ewe's Homepage Send The Irish Ewe a Private Message
Thanks Vintage, sent an email out to them as well!

The Irish Ewe
Norway, Maine
Go to Top of Page

knitlethab
Seriously Hooked

Canada
604 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  01:18:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit knitlethab's Homepage Send knitlethab a Private Message
Yes, just checked back on my info emails....you can also reach them at www.missionfalls.com

www.knittingtime.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.